Dominican Republic Permit - Spanish Translation?

Reaction score
IMG_5850.JPG IMG_5851.JPG IMG_5852.JPG IMG_5853.JPG Hello, I will be visiting the Dominican Republic soon and I saw that you need a permit to fly, I have been trying to contact the Dominican aviation authority for the last week and finally got a response today with a 19 page document written in Spanish.

According to them this is only available exclusively in Spanish.

I don't really feel too comfortable signing what equates to a legal document without fully understanding what it is I'm actually signing...

I have seen in another thread a translated version of the document but even that doesn't make too much sense...

There are 4 pages which have to be filled in, I have attached each one and wondered if anyone would be willing to help translate/explain what it actually means?

Many thanks!

Yea I can help you out buddy just have some cash on you in case the cops stop you. They are very easy to bribe. [emoji41]

Lol... I am Dominican and trust me buddy... they don't really apply over there the laws like in the US. You can basically do whatever you want in the island and you can get away with it.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Lol... I am Dominican and trust me buddy... they don't really apply over there the laws like in the US. You can basically do whatever you want in the island and you can get away with it.

It does seem incredibly over the top...I don't even have to do anything like this here in the UK...but I don't want to end up being the one guy who gets caught out! Just my kind of luck...

I'm Dominican too. It is that easy. Your more likely to have your drone stolen from your luggage at the airport than getting cited by the cops. If it makes it through, just fly it and don't worry bout it.

View attachment 82150 View attachment 82151 View attachment 82152 View attachment 82153 Hello, I will be visiting the Dominican Republic soon and I saw that you need a permit to fly, I have been trying to contact the Dominican aviation authority for the last week and finally got a response today with a 19 page document written in Spanish.

According to them this is only available exclusively in Spanish.

I don't really feel too comfortable signing what equates to a legal document without fully understanding what it is I'm actually signing...

I have seen in another thread a translated version of the document but even that doesn't make too much sense...

There are 4 pages which have to be filled in, I have attached each one and wondered if anyone would be willing to help translate/explain what it actually means?

Many thanks!
Ok the final answer is if your drone is 4.4lbs or under you just follow the rules no registration is needed here is a translated version of the document special notice to Article 8. I skipped the first two article as they were definitions and reference materials. If you still need the form to send in contact me I will translate that only if over 4.4

Attachments

• RESOLUTION final.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,391
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. Also looking for help translating. Can anyone pls help
Ok the final answer is if your drone is 4.4lbs or under you just follow the rules no registration is needed here is a translated version of the document special notice to Article 8. I skipped the first two article as they were definitions and reference materials. If you still need the form to send in contact me I will translate that only if over 4.4

Attachments

• RESOLUTION final.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 307

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20