Punta Conta /Dominican Republic - Please Help

Hi Jason and thank you for your comment. I clicked on your above link. I do not see "Translate this page." I did attach a screen capture for your referenc.

Are you using a cell phone or a PC??

Doug, We are good to go as the P4 is under 4.4 pounds. the article above explains that. Part B just states that all drones have to comply to the rules outlined. Had a friend just get back from the DR and no issues flying his P4.

Hi Jason, I have tried using a iPhone with the Safari browser and my iPad Pro 9.7 on both the Safari and Google browser.

At the core the question is posted above. Are none of you able to see part (B) in the rules?

That's the problem with cell phones as they are not reliable when searching for information. So if you have a computer use it

Here is my travel vlog with drone content.

♦♦♦I'm open to your feedback♦♦♦

What did you like?

What should I do better?

Love the vlog - looks like you had fun making it. Heading down on Saturday. No permit though, what is you thought after being there take the drone or not.

Reactions: DougAles
If your drone is under 4.4 pounds you do not need a permit. Brought my P4 last year and they did not even open it.

Not sure what document you refer to but in this thread the translated provision is only drones over 4.4 pounds require a permit (part B). Seems like a lot of hassle for something that is not needed.

Not sure what document you refer to but in this thread the translated provision is only drones over 4.4 pounds require a permit (part B). Seems like a lot of hassle for something that is not needed.

Deg,

I am the one who posted the translation.

What does this mean to you? "Any person or entity performing air operations or Recreational activities with unmanned aircraft below 4.4 lbs."

So UNDER 4.4 lbs needs to complete B.

If you want to go to a foreign country without required documentation and permit, that's your business. Another drone forum has a person who just spent 13 days in jail in Cuba for their drone. I'm not going to put another forum member at risk.

Fill out the form. It's required by Dominican Republic law and free.

Doug,
I think you are getting people worried about nothing. See below official document.

See underline.

ARTICLE 8.-AIRCRAFT FLOWN distance DRONES or (RPAs) OF WEIGHT LESS THAN 4.4 POUNDS (2 KILOS). Any person or entity who wishes to operations with RPAS or Drones weighing less than 4.4 pounds (2 kilograms), will not require of the after obtaining authorization from the Department of operations of the 1DAC, no However you must comply with the following:

( to) the RPA or Drone will be made of materials flexible, that to the impact with any object tend to break is, distort is or bend is representing danger minimum to any person or object with which collide;

( b) the RPA or Drone must be only manual operation and allowing to maintain contact direct visual (VLOS) and shall not exceed the 1500 feet (455 meters) from the operator;

( c) all RPA or Drone operation be carried out in weather conditions from visual (VMC) flight and permanently to the view and control of the operator (VLOS);

( d) the operator of RPA or Drone must, prior to start a flight, make is that it aircraft and its system of control are found in conditions safe to operate;

RESOLUCI6N Not. 008-2015

THAT REGIILA THE USE and OPERATION OF THE SYSTEMS OF AIRCRAFT PILOTED to DISTANCE (RPAS) or DRONES IN THE TERRITORY NATIONAL.

(e) the operations will be limited to the space air class G only;

( f) will be responsibility of the operator of a RPA or Drone, ensure that according to them caracten' features of the RPA or Drone, not be produce risks in the operation;

( g) will be responsibility of the operator of RPA or Drone, take care of the separation with other (s) RPA operating in the area and coordinate is between Yes;

( h) the RPA or Drone not exceed a speed of 30 knots, or a height of 400 feet (121 meters) on the ground and is maintained to a distance of 5 miles nautical from any airport or aerodrome.

Doug,
I think you are getting people worried about nothing. See below official document.

See underline.

ARTICLE 8.-AIRCRAFT FLOWN distance DRONES or (RPAs) OF WEIGHT LESS THAN 4.4 POUNDS (2 KILOS). Any person or entity who wishes to operations with RPAS or Drones weighing less than 4.4 pounds (2 kilograms), will not require of the after obtaining authorization from the Department of operations of the 1DAC, no However you must comply with the following:

( to) the RPA or Drone will be made of materials flexible, that to the impact with any object tend to break is, distort is or bend is representing danger minimum to any person or object with which collide;

( b) the RPA or Drone must be only manual operation and allowing to maintain contact direct visual (VLOS) and shall not exceed the 1500 feet (455 meters) from the operator;

( c) all RPA or Drone operation be carried out in weather conditions from visual (VMC) flight and permanently to the view and control of the operator (VLOS);

( d) the operator of RPA or Drone must, prior to start a flight, make is that it aircraft and its system of control are found in conditions safe to operate;

RESOLUCI6N Not. 008-2015

THAT REGIILA THE USE and OPERATION OF THE SYSTEMS OF AIRCRAFT PILOTED to DISTANCE (RPAS) or DRONES IN THE TERRITORY NATIONAL.

(e) the operations will be limited to the space air class G only;

( f) will be responsibility of the operator of a RPA or Drone, ensure that according to them caracten' features of the RPA or Drone, not be produce risks in the operation;

( g) will be responsibility of the operator of RPA or Drone, take care of the separation with other (s) RPA operating in the area and coordinate is between Yes;

( h) the RPA or Drone not exceed a speed of 30 knots, or a height of 400 feet (121 meters) on the ground and is maintained to a distance of 5 miles nautical from any airport or aerodrome.

Thank you Deg.

Of course, the Dominican Republic document is not written in English nor does the IDAC offer the document in English. Add to it the fact that I do not read spanish.

I had the document translated twice, once electronically and once from a person then I compaired the two. On the first page of this, I shard my orningal spansih document.

Our translations do not agree. Plus your wording is very odd. Plus I personally received an permit.

I'm not going to state I am positive, only that I have doubt and getting the permit is free, so why not get it?

Add to it that the Dominican Republic police and security are some of the lowest paid and known for corruption.

Put it this way. WHEN I return to the Dominican Republic I will get a drone permit before I get there, and written permission from the property / resort plus have a cash gratuity in my pocket to thank any officer for their assistance just incase.

I think we have beaten this topic to death. Please lets let it rest.

Last edited:
When I return I will not need cash in pocket. Just fun flying my p4 that's under 4.4 pounds and by the way the resort I stay at loves the drone no prmission needed. I prefer not to enter a paint ball competition with a bullet prof vest.

Hi Jason and thank you for your comment. I clicked on your above link. I do not see "Translate this page." I did attach a screen capture for your referenc.
Hello Doug

I am travelling to Puerto Plata. I need your help for translating the documents Appendices A,B, and C. As you have already been through this process.

Thank you in Advance,

Gaurav Shah

Hello Doug

I am travelling to Puerto Plata. I need your help for translating the documents Appendices A,B, and C. As you have already been through this process.

Thank you in Advance,

Gaurav Shah

Thank you for your question Gaurav.

Like you, I can not read spanish.

Though work, I was able to find a co-worker in another state who is fluient in Spanish as well as the Dominican Republic dialect. He guided me through completing the document.

Do you know someone who is fluient in Spanish? Or, you could reach out on Facebook asking for help.

Hello! I am from Venezuela! I am helping a good friend to fly his drone in the Dominican Republic. I speak Spanish obviously but I see in the affidavit model need to have the drone registered first. How did approve it? Thank you very much!

Hi Doug: We are in very same situation. Have looked elsewhere on this forum and people just insist on saying you don't need a permit (so unhelpful) we have filled out Appendix A,B,C a couple of times now, all returned with corrections to be made. Ugh. This is the last one we're doing, so can you please let me know how you filled this out? Especially the first line on Appendix A and B. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl