Does litchi replace the DJI Go4 software?

Reaction score
I fly both a Phantom 4 Pro and a Mavic-2 Zom. I am considering trying Litchi software.
  1. When putting Litchi software on your controller does it replace the DJI software of can both reside and be selectable?
  2. I need feedback on how user feel about Litchi vs the DJI apps?
  3. I want to do roof photography inspections. Does Litchi have an app for that?
  4. Where do I get real user feedback of Litchi vs DJI software?
Jim

Reaction score
I have used Litchi for 4 years to produce dozens of aerial videos of the Maine Mid-Coast. I feel it is far superior to DJI Go4, especially when it comes to Waypoint missions which is what I use more than 90% of the time. Unlike The DJI software you can program the mission in advance setting waypoints, speed, altitude, points of interest, etc. on the Mission app at flylitchi.com. Once saved, the mission is automatically updated to your mobile device Litchi app. Litchi also allows you to set all of the altitudes of your waypoints relative to ground at the location of each waypoint rather than trying to manually determine altitudes in areas of rapid elevation changes. Finally, a neat feature that I use frequently, you can produce a file of your mission once you have finished programming it and have saved it which you can then input to Google Earth Pro. This permits you to see a 3D simulation of your flight which is great for checking your route, camera angles and points of interest. A final comment is that I have always found the Litchi app to be more stable than the DJI software. And, oh yeah, you can also fly FPV, do Orbits, and do Pano photos within the Litchi app.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I have used Litchi for 4 years to produce dozens of aerial videos of the Maine Mid-Coast. I feel it is far superior to DJI Go4, especially when it comes to Waypoint missions which is what I use more than 90% of the time. Unlike The DJI software you can program the mission in advance setting waypoints, speed, altitude, points of interest, etc. on the Mission app at flylitchi.com. Once saved, the mission is automatically updated to your mobile device Litchi app. Litchi also allows you to set all of the altitudes of your waypoints relative to ground at the location of each waypoint rather than trying to manually determine altitudes in areas of rapid elevation changes. Finally, a neat feature that I use frequently, you can produce a file of your mission once you have finished programming it and have saved it which you can then input to Google Earth Pro. This permits you to see a 3D simulation of your flight which is great for checking your route, camera angles and points of interest. A final comment is that I have always found the Litchi app to be more stable than the DJI software. And, oh yeah, you can also fly FPV, do Orbits, and do Pano photos within the Litchi app.

Hope this helps.
That is a great recommendation. Would Waypoint missions work for roof inspections? Small area Waypoints flying back and forth at low altitudes over a roof. I bought the Mavic-2 Zoom to be able to fly higher over the roofs using the Zoom.

If I put the Litchi app on my drone, does it replace the DJI app or are both apps available?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jim

Reaction score
You can have both apps on your mobile device at the same time, but only one of them should be active and uploaded to the drone at any one time.

As for roof inspections, it would probably be better to use the FPV mode on Litchi and fly the drone manually. The interface on your screen for doing this is almost exactly the same as the DJI Go4 app so you don’t have to learn a different method.

Reactions: R Martin

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
  1. When putting Litchi software on your controller does it replace the DJI software of can both reside and be selectable?
  2. I need feedback on how user feel about Litchi vs the DJI apps?
  3. I want to do roof photography inspections. Does Litchi have an app for that?
  4. Where do I get real user feedback of Litchi vs DJI software?
1. Litchi does some things that Go doesn't and it's great for that.
I still use DJI Go 4 for general flying and photography as it's better for that but Litchi for waypoint flight.

2. Both are very reliable and stable.
If anyone suggests DJI go isn't stable, they are running it on a substandard or poorly configured device.

3. Litchi isn't the ideal solution for roof inspection.
You'd be better off looking at one of the mapping apps like this:

4. Here.
Both programs are very good and they each have their place

Reactions: Jim Canada
Reaction score
I’m the one who is suggesting DJI Go4 is sometimes unstable after using it for the past 4 years and I am flying with an Apple IPad Pro.

Reaction score
1. Litchi does some things that Go doesn't and it's great for that.
I still use DJI Go 4 for general flying and photography as it's better for that but Litchi for waypoint flight.

2. Both are very reliable and stable.
If anyone suggests DJI go isn't stable, they are running it on a substandard or poorly configured device.

3. Litchi isn't the ideal solution for roof inspection.
You'd be better off looking at one of the mapping apps like this:

4. Here.
Both programs are very good and they each have their place
Does Litchi support automatic RTH when the battery runs low or if the controller signal is lost?
I really appreciate your answers. They are very clear.

Jim

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My iPad Pro has 256 gigs of RAM.
It might have 256 GB of storage but it has a much smaller amount of RAM (memory).
No iPad has 256 GB of RAM.

I'm not an Apple user so I can't tell what's upsetting the app on your iPad, but the app runs perfectly on my tablets and the same for many other users.
That you've observed an issue on yours suggests there might be a configuration issue (or something similar) on your tablet.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Reaction score
The various DJI go apps have been totally reliable over the past 4 years on 3 different DJI drones. any problems I experienced were a result of mis management of the iPad itself.

Reaction score
That is a great recommendation. Would Waypoint missions work for roof inspections? Small area Waypoints flying back and forth at low altitudes over a roof. I bought the Mavic-2 Zoom to be able to fly higher over the roofs using the Zoom.

If I put the Litchi app on my drone, does it replace the DJI app or are both apps available?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jim
For roof inspections you might want to look into Hammer. iOS only though.

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gugaz