Does anyone use the Google Nexus 7 second generation Tablet on P3S

Reaction score
I have opportunity to get a Nexus 7 Vers. 2 .............. said to be compatible with P3S ....

Is it a good combo with the P3S ?

Nigel

That is what I use also. Works great, just be sure to get an anti-glare screen cover and turn the brightness all the way up. It's a great tablet to use!

Works for me just fine.

Interested in this follow me bit ... I specifically chose the Nexus 7 because of the good reports on its GPS function. Also that for $40 less than a refurb iPhone 5S - I got a 7" screen etc.

Nigel

I have a slightly older Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" tablet I'd like to use with my P3S. I installed the DJI Go app on it but haven't tried it yet. My question for everyone who uses a 7" tablet; what kind of mount do you use for your P3S controller? I've been looking on Amazon for tablet mounts but nothing seems promising, and the ones that do seem promising clearly have a different controller (not the P3S controller) in the product images.

I modded my P3S remote controller like this. If modding is not your thing, you can find some semi-permanent mounting options here.

Last edited:
My Csvion 7" tablet actually does hold in the standard holder but is a very tight fit.

I've ordered a tablet holder of eBay that fits same way as standard by clamping the handle.

Nigel

Bit of old thread but can I ask you guys with a Nexus 7 2013 does it need to be the cellular (lte) version? Or will the WiFi work OK?

I know on apple you need cepluar for GPS modes to work

Sent from my M20Pro using PhantomPilots mobile app

The WiFi works great, no cellular needed. Been using for more than a year. I also use a matte screen protector and it helps with the glare.
Thanks, does the GPS functions like return to home work with it then?

The RTH function does not require/use a cellular connection.

Reactions: jase888
The RTH function does not require/use a cellular connection.
oh right - to clarify a nexus 7 (wifi only) wont have any draw backs like a wifi only ipad? What about the follow me mode that uses GPS right to track the controller?

Nexus 7 2013 works well for me now using DJI app 2.9.1 , I took this advise to roll back the app by a member off here who knows his stuff ,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Thanks, does the GPS functions like return to home work with it then?
Yes, just as long as your NOT on version 3.1.2 of the Go app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.