Does anyone like the DJI goggles for P4?

Reaction score
I just, rather impulsively, placed an order for the DJI goggles for my P4. I read quite a few negative comments but I also saw some good ones. It looks like I need to wait at least three weeks to get it from DJI. But since then while waiting I've read many more negative comments. I know this Forum is not to be a platform about offerings from vendors. I'm just wondering if there's anything that can be said about what has been advertised about the offering. I'm a relatively new flyer but I certainly don't want to fly just with what I can see. When I get out of my sight zone and looking at my tablet with the sun shining it gets hard to see. And also to stop the backlash perhaps that might come from this, I bought the sunshields, I don't fly that far away and I am very careful wearing when I fly. Comments appreciated.

Yes I'm the same but not yet committed to goggles. Its not that we wanna fly off a million miles its more a better realisation of your current position. I can usually see it but relying on the screen with all the limitations can leave you a little wanting.
I was lookin at the little eye glass prism thingy (spectacle attached) for $99. This will give you both VLS and FPV if that is the correct acronym's. Just that I have seen a few on utube and just they seem to be constantly removing goggles to get perspective. As to their performance and micro assessment I just presume they are of good quality in the usual high DJI standard.

It looks DJI goggles were primarily designed for Mavic Pro. They are heavy and I don't like them. There is no diopter adjustment setting. They have built in app like DJI Go 4 but that adds another headache like updates etc.

I like the goggles very much. I was flying with Fat Shark V3 with my P4 When I got the DJI goggles I also got a Mavic. I no longer use the Fat Sharks because the goggles are much better. I don't see a down side to the goggles. I have read a lot of negative posts but they work great.

I ordered a set of DJI googles from Adorama but they were not in stock. So I connected my Skyview goggles from Yuneec and found out they work fantastic. They are big and ugly but I don't give a rats *** what people think. I saved $449.00!

Reactions: cd240v
DJI Goggles are the only DJI products that I've bought that disappointed me, and the only high tech gadget I've ever returned after buying. Like others have suggested, my experience may have been better if I used these with a Mavic--which they were designed for; but I was disappointed with them when using with my P4P. Also for those who are hoping for a firmware update so they can use them to watch 3D movies; that's not going to happen (very effectively) as you can't see the entire screen with just one eye--at least I couldn't.

The video signal seemed to degrade at times for no apparent reason; to the point where I had to take the goggles off, as the compression was so high I could only distinguish the horizon line between the sky and ground--even when I had my spotter make sure my antennas were pointing in the right direction and the P4P was only a few hundred feet away; and this was out in the country with no visible interference on the go4 app spectrometer... this poor radio signal also effected head tracking which was never all that smooth even with a good connection but only got worse to being non-functional at distance.

Also I found the perimeter of the screen to be in focus while the center of the screen was slightly out of focus to me.

I was also disappointed that changing display resolution would also change your video recording resolution and frame rate recordings, and that there was no selection for 3:2 still images (yes only a P4P issue) in the menu (though the latter could be easily fixed in a firmware update).

Although head tracking works better (when you have a strong connection) than an iPhone using Litchi "cardboard" goggles, I really wouldn't recommend this for use with a P4, unless you have an HDMI module to fly with, and let your friends use the goggles to sight see; but for me... not worth the current price point.

I did today cable from the goggles to the remote (no iPad) and it said I reached maximum attitude T 100 feet?
You'll need to have your Phantom connected to DJI GO when you start it up in order to lift those restrictions. Once it's showing ready to fly in DJI GO, disconnect your iPad and connect the goggles. See more details about that here.

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Yes I'm the same but not yet committed to goggles. Its not that we wanna fly off a million miles its more a better realisation of your current position. I can usually see it but relying on the screen with all the limitations can leave you a little wanting.
I was lookin at the little eye glass prism thingy (spectacle attached) for $99. This will give you both VLS and FPV if that is the correct acronym's. Just that I have seen a few on utube and just they seem to be constantly removing goggles to get perspective. As to their performance and micro assessment I just presume they are of good quality in the usual high DJI standard.
If I wasn't going to get a Mavic or Mavic 2, I would have passed on the Goggles. I think they are much better than other FPV goggles on the market but IMHO a better option is the Crystal Sky monitor now that DJI has reduced the price (I have both). Hopefully DJI will allow third party apps like Litchi on the Crystal Sky.

I ordered a set of DJI googles from Adorama but they were not in stock. So I connected my Skyview goggles from Yuneec and found out they work fantastic. They are big and ugly but I don't give a rats *** what people think. I saved $449.00!

How is the performance and head tracking?

I like them, but I don't think they're a must have. A blast to pull out once in a while, but they're kind of clumsy. I could see flying with them more often with a Mavic. I'm hoping they're better integrated in the next P-series bird.

How is the performance and head tracking?
I flew my P4P + using the Yuneec goggles. There is a little lag time which is about it. I take off visually and once I'm at altitude I fly with the Yuneec Goggles, for the money they get the job done.

You'll need to have your Phantom connected to DJI GO when you start it up in order to lift those restrictions. Once it's showing ready to fly in DJI GO, disconnect your iPad and connect the goggles. See more details about that here.

Yeah, just learned that, and how incredibly stupid is that? If only for this, let's hope for a soon FW update, but I guess not since it is not an issue for the Mavic....and probably not for the P5...

Yeah, just learned that, and how incredibly stupid is that? If only for this, let's hope for a soon FW update, but I guess not since it is not an issue for the Mavic....and probably not for the P5...

Correct, so I downgraded the firmware from my Phantom 4....

After downgrading my procedure is like this:
1. Start up the Phantom.
2. Start the the controller.
3. Start the goggles.
4. Connect the goggles with the cable to the controller, et voilà!

Ok, thats away i guess. I thought DJI made that impossible with June update , but i guess not then... P4 or P4P ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl