DO I need these!?

Dust? No, you don't need them covers. Waste of money. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
If you don't store your Phantom in a case, they could keep your motors dust-free. Or, if you store your Phantom in a backpack with a soft top that has no padding, it could help protect the motors. Other than that, I'm not sure why anyone would want to use them.

Most backpacks are padded, so keeping your motors protected will probably not be an issue.

The @dji branded hardshell backpack has a foam padded lid.

RedHotPoker

I like them, I may get a set. I have the DJI backpack, the large soft one and I am worried about the inner padding getting worn where the motor shafts sit on the cloth interior. They would prevent this from happening.

dji-1.jpg

I like them, I may get a set. I have the DJI backpack, the large soft one and I am worried about the inner padding getting worn where the motor shafts sit on the cloth interior. They would prevent this from happening.

dji-1.jpg
but I dont have $300... :-(

I am worried about the inner padding getting worn where the motor shafts sit on the cloth interior.
Interesting idea. Are you also worried that the backpack is putting pressure on the motors? Or, is the damage from the threads your only concern?

Well I found them and thought: "Well I don;t want to get any dust in the coils"! But should I really worry?
Amazon.com: Bestmaple Rubber Motor Guard Protective Cover Cap Protector For DJI Phantom 3 RC Quadcopter 4 PCS: Toys & Games
Thanks for the help! ;-)
I bought the same ones on ebay for $2.15 with free shipping. I use them when I don't have the bird in the case and not flying it.

4 Protective Cap Cover Accessories Silica gel Motor 3D Printed for DJI Phantom 3

Not so much a pressure issue although it is a snug fit. It has that real soft felt like material and I feel like the threads on the shafts will eventually wear holes. When removing it the lower two arms drag on that material a bit.

Got it. When my printer gets some downtime, I have an idea :)

I have them but so far never used.

Got it. When my printer gets some downtime, I have an idea :)
I was going to pick up some rubber caps for the threads but these look like they will be easier to get on & off. I would prefer them to be hard plastic like a printer would provide so they slide out nice. My only real concern is that they won't slide well due to them being silicone.

I was going to pick up some rubber caps for the threads but these look like they will be easier to get on & off. I would prefer them to be hard plastic like a printer would provide so they slide out nice. My only real concern is that they won't slide well due to them being silicone.
The go on and come off very easily. Just an fyi....

If you just want to protect the motor threads just snip the blades off an old prop and screw the hubs on the motors.
Good idea but I don't have any dead props or I would. :)

Msinger is making a new design for us :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl