Do Drones Fly better.........

Reaction score
Do Drones Fly better when they first come out {New Drones} or do they fly better after they been out for a while with all the firmware and updates?

Read the release notes... I stopped updating a while back. It's not needed at least for my P3P's.

Because the DJIs have a whole slew of technology in them, including the limits on performance, you're going to see pretty consistent performance from them. You'll probably see slightly better battery performance after the first 5-10 full cycles, but that's the biggest thing. As far as firmware, I do not update until I read people's experience with it.

And while you can reverse the drones firmware, the controllers firmware is not the same. You probly will be stuck with the latest in the controller. And using DJI go latest rev. it will nag and prevent flight until you comply. I firewalled it so China is squawking at a brick wall.

And while you can reverse the drones firmware, the controllers firmware is not the same. You probly will be stuck with the latest in the controller. And using DJI go latest rev. it will nag and prevent flight until you comply. I firewalled it so China is squawking at a brick wall.
How in the world did you Firewall it.....id love to know.

I use Nvidia shield rooted and a host editor. But you could also just use a no root firewall if you don't want to root. My method would work on other android devices as well, as long as root is done. Otherwise use the NO ROOT method. I use Litchi all the time, but if I need to change a setting in DJI go I use DJI go rev 2.9.1. It has no demand for updating. I could use a later rev. but all I use it for is changing those settings Litchi cannot.
NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play
I made this video showing how it's done.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I use Nvidia shield rooted and a host editor. But you could also just use a no root firewall if you don't want to root. My method would work on other android devices as well, as long as root is done. Otherwise use the NO ROOT method.
NoRoot Firewall - Android Apps on Google Play
I made this video showing how it's done.
I usually root when I want to fly 23000 feet high. I also root when I want to fly to a friends house 16 miles away but I have to drive to my friends house the next day to pick it up.

Do Drones Fly better when they first come out {New Drones} or do they fly better after they been out for a while with all the firmware and updates?
To properly answer your question, it's rare that firmware updates contain anything that makes any difference to how whell the drone flies.
My P4 pros flew perfectly when new a year ago and fly perfectly now.

Rooting enables lightning fast advances............ (Laughs)

it's rare that firmware updates contain anything that makes any difference to how whell the drone flies
Agreed. Lots of people are scared to install updates and there seems no basis for that in most cases (not including those who go out of their way to avoid updates so they can do illegal things with their drones).

Reactions: AndrewCCM
When DJI releases a new model, they often release firmware updates shortly after to fix minor issues discovered after the release. It's a good idea to install those updates so you can take advantage of those fixes. While I think it's always a great idea to install firmware updates beyond that point, you'll likely be fine if you decide to never update it again. If you decide not to update, that would of course mean you wouldn't be able to take advantage of any new features (or fixes) released in newer firmware updates.

I usually root when I want to fly 23000 feet high. I also root when I want to fly to a friends house 16 miles away but I have to drive to my friends house the next day to pick it up.

I think we have a jokester in the group here. I'm calling BS on the above statement :)

When DJI releases a new model, they often release firmware updates shortly after to fix minor issues discovered after the release. It's a good idea to install those updates so you can take advantage of those fixes. While I think it's always a great idea to install firmware updates beyond that point, you'll likely be fine if you decide to never update it again. If you decide not to update, that would of course mean you wouldn't be able to take advantage of any new features (or fixes) released in newer firmware updates.
Yea, updates are a good thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1