Dji3 standard won’t take off after dog bit a propeller

Reaction score
my first flight in sometime and as it was about to take off my dog tried to hitch a ride... just touched a prop and I got him out of the way. There does not appear to be damage to the prop or the drone. Dog too.
Now when I go to take off ( in auto) it powers up and props spin fine then it shuts down and then nothing but blinking lights and this time the ati mode kept repeating. There was a thunderstorm coming and not sure if interference did this ati mode thing.
As you guessed I’m still learning and new to the site and have not used it much but what I have read in the past and the help I have been given has been outstanding. Thanks in advance. Tim

my first flight in sometime and as it was about to take off my dog tried to hitch a ride... just touched a prop and I got him out of the way. There does not appear to be damage to the prop or the drone. Dog too.
Now when I go to take off ( in auto) it powers up and props spin fine then it shuts down and then nothing but blinking lights and this time the ati mode kept repeating. There was a thunderstorm coming and not sure if interference did this ati mode thing.
As you guessed I’m still learning and new to the site and have not used it much but what I have read in the past and the help I have been given has been outstanding. Thanks in advance. Tim
It was probably that storm. The dog didn't do anything IMO. Just for kicks, restart the aircraft and do an imu Calibration on a LEVEL surface, away from metal and thunderstorms. Then restart again and try flying tomorrow.

Reactions: Tmschuller
Being in atti mode or having a storm approaching won't stop a Phantom from launching.
The blinking lights may be a clue.
Check to see what the blinking pattern is then scan the manual to find out what the lights are telling you.

Reactions: LarBear360
Reactions: Technical Bob
No it’s. Not first flight but was the first since I was injured and had spinal surgery. Disc replaced.. I don’t get a chance to fly much and don’t have a lot of time to get online.. hence not being active here. I do appreciate folks here and not sure how to take the comment above. I can see how this may look to others.
I am planning to try again to fly today! The other issue I had last time was that my app said I was in a airport landing zone. I live way out in the country and the closest airport is about 40 miles away.

Reactions: RodPad
Tried to fly this am and powers up props spin for a few seconds and it shuts down. Forgive my ignorance but I did try to research this issue and nothing so far thanks

It was probably that storm. The dog didn't do anything IMO. Just for kicks, restart the aircraft and do an imu Calibration on a LEVEL surface, away from metal and thunderstorms. Then restart again and try flying tomorrow.
Thanks. I did that and when I tried today same results. I checked the props and looks good there to me...

No it’s. Not first flight but was the first since I was injured and had spinal surgery. Disc replaced.. I don’t get a chance to fly much and don’t have a lot of time to get online.. hence not being active here. I do appreciate folks here and not sure how to take the comment above. I can see how this may look to others.
I am planning to try again to fly today! The other issue I had last time was that my app said I was in a airport landing zone. I live way out in the country and the closest airport is about 40 miles away.
. I get that airport deal too, there was a private landing strip near here that now has about 10 years’ worth of brush growth on it that the app still thinks is an active airport...

If your app thinks your in a airport zone it won’t take off. I had a similar issues with a private airport. I had to go home and unlock the area. Went back the next day to finish the job and it was fine.

Reactions: Tmschuller
Tried to fly this am and powers up props spin for a few seconds and it shuts down. Forgive my ignorance but I did try to research this issue and nothing so far thanks
Hum, you have tried both auto take off and manual, same results?

I think if upload your flight to this web sight, DJI Flight Log Viewer

You might find your answer and or you can share your results.

I have never had a surgery, I hope I don't, but I have my share of back pain, neck and shoulders.
Lately most of the time my neck hurts and the right arm goings numb, and fingers tingle / burn. :eek:

Rod

I bet if you just replace the prop it will fly. You wouldnt believe how sensitive your phantom is to the props balance

If your app thinks your in a airport zone it won’t take off. I had a similar issues with a private airport. I had to go home and unlock the area. Went back the next day to finish the job and it was fine.

How did you unlock that? Trying to find it again tonight. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues