After carefully planning a flight from a ridge, I decided to make a slight modification to the first part of a Litchi flight. As originally planned, the flight was straight outward from the ridge and over lower ground. I didn't notice that the change resulted in the initial part of the flight going over slightly higher ground. As soon as the drone took off, I realized the mistake, but it was too late to stop it. I took my eyes off of the drone to look at the controller, but it seemed to crash into a tree that, fortunately, had bright fall foliage. Otherwise, I might have never found the drone. It didn't take long to find the battery (still blinking) under that tree. I scanned the top of the tree with binoculars but didn't see it. Suddenly, I noticed that it was about 12 feet up in a tangle of small branches (see the attached photo). After being careless, I was very lucky that the small branches cushioned the blow, and the only damage was a broken prop. It's bad enough to have a crash, but this seemed to be the worst right when it happened. I had spent weeks planning to use the drone to get some images of the gorgeous fall foliage. My plans seemed to go up in smoke with the crash, but I was able to finish the project and produce this video.