DJI wants you to call if you have shell cracks

Are you guys sure that Bondic is going to hold? I have worked with some UV cure glues before and it seems the bond to the original materiel is a bit on the weak side.

Are you guys sure that Bondic is going to hold? I have worked with some UV cure glues before and it seems the bond to the original materiel is a bit on the weak side.
No, I'm not sure. Never used it. CA glue isn't great either. So I'll try epoxy if Bondic fails. I'm going to try it because it looks easy to work with and I can dremmel it out if I need to remove it

20.jpg

All that yellow hair looking stuff is Kevlar fibers, really strong stuff.

Reactions: FLRebel
No, I'm not sure. Never used it. CA glue isn't great either. So I'll try epoxy if Bondic fails. I'm going to try it because it looks easy to work with and I can dremmel it out if I need to remove it

The problem with epoxy is its viscosity. CA glue is so thin in viscosity that it can flow into the seams, rather than sit only on the outside of the shell.

I am going to get some just to play with. Need to know if I already have the UV light. Probably have 5 or 6 different UV lights. I will see if I can determine the specific wavelength it cures with.

I am going to get some just to play with. Need to know if I already have the UV light. Probably have 5 or 6 different UV lights. I will see if I can determine the specific wavelength it cures with.
It comes with the light

It comes with the light

I purchased the refills, trusting I have a UV LED flashlight laying around here. Buying just the refills I was able to get twice the amount of glue. I have some old zip cord laying around work and will give the bonding a try Thursday or Friday when UPS delivers. I just can't see it giving the strength a nice epoxy resin would, but who knows. Polymers have evolved nicely recently.

it's ridiculous that all of this has to be done in the first place
This is true. Either this or shitty customer service and 8 weeks wait

DJI Automn should be coming online soon. From China. Maybe she will make some comments about "the fix" over on their forums

Zip cord. Not sure what that is. On the Loctite, just cure it as previously stated

Here is a little better picture of what zip cord and the strength members (Kevlar) look like. Anyone who works with fiber optics knows this stuff well. It can be difficult to cut with very sharp scissors or a razor knife. Strongest stuff I know of. Once heard of a 5/8" diameter rope of this stuff slicing a stinger anti-aircraft missile on it's way to its target in two.

Attachments

• 20150708_075802.jpg
    20150708_075802.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 345
Here is a little better picture of what zip cord and the strength members (Kevlar) look like. Anyone who works with fiber optics knows this stuff well. It can be difficult to cut with very sharp scissors or a razor knife. Strongest stuff I know of. Once heard of a 5/8" diameter rope of this stuff slicing a stinger anti-aircraft missile on it's way to its target in two.
Yep. I've got that. I'll use some

I discovered a crack on one hole of each rear arm on the "inner" holes.

I was given the 6-8 week option by DJI. I was going to tape or glue but I came up with a "fix".

I should have a set of these printed up tonight or tomorrow to test fit. I'm also waiting for some longer 2.5mm bolts to arrive. Wondering if anyone else would be interested in these?

DJI-Crack-Washer.JPG DJI-Crack-Washer2.JPG

Last edited:

I was given the 6-8 week option by DJI. I was going to tape or glue but I came up with a "fix".

I should have a set of these printed up tonight or tomorrow to test fit. I'm also waiting for some longer 2.5mm bolts to arrive. Wondering if anyone else would be interested in these?

View attachment 24307 View attachment 24308

How will those things fix the issue?

View attachment 24307 View attachment 24308

Did you end up printing these?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31