Would you like the DJI Go app to have distance in Feet and Miles?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date

Would you like the DJI Go app to have distance in Feet and Miles?

• Yes

Votes: 55 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
I've been wanting to see the vertical speed in feet per second (or minute). Displaying vertical speed in miles per hour when the distance up or down is only hundreds of feet is kind of meaningless in my opinion (could show m/s for the metric folks).

I've been wanting to see the vertical speed in feet per second (or minute). Displaying vertical speed in miles per hour when the distance up or down is only hundreds of feet is kind of meaningless in my opinion (could show m/s for the metric folks).

Miles for distance nothing else.

Reactions: Wibble
Yeah me too...HahaHa
image.jpeg

Often and regularly. . . ;-)

RedHotPoker

In the UK we never fully adopted metric thank God.
Ask someone's weight and it is in stone and lbs.
Ask someone's height it is ALWAYS in feet and inches
Speed on roads and distance in miles
And people still buy pints!!!

Reactions: sonof40
Atleast your money is metric!? ;-)
No you've got pounds there too. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I'd like the height limit to at least tell me which one it is. I went waaaaay to high because I thought I set it to feet instead of meters.

I think it would be pretty easy to include choices so that you can choose what you're comfortable with.

It is a little ironic that after the American War of Independance, the tendency was for America to change away from British systems wherever possible, for example turning away from the Westminster system and coming up with the craziest electoral process know to mankind.
However, they've clung to the imperial system of measurements more tenaciously even than the British who are steadily moving away from it. It does take an effort and community resolve to convert from imperial to metric, but after the change has occurred, it is so much easier,
The US officially started to move to metrics (The Metric Conversion Act of 1975) but failed to overcome public resistance and apathy and the whole thing fizzled out.
Confusion with units caused NASA to lose a Mars orbiter in 1998.
The history of all this makes fascinating reading.

Reactions: MattyDread
When I select Imperial units, I want everything that way. The RTH altitude setting stays in metric. I think this can be confusing for some. There are already plenty of things to keep you busy when flying. Math calculations should not be one of them.

Someone totally gets it :)

Is this really a must have feature when your radio can't go over 2 miles

and boats that cannot do 60mph still have a 60mph gauge. that list can go on and on, bottom line I'd love to see that I'm .45mi out or .25mi away.

In america many people go by miles even though its not 1 mile, for example my closest 7-eleven is about a half mile away, closest walmart is 2 and half miles away, naples FL from me is about 100 miles, see ?? we use miles here, I wouldn't tell someone looking for 7-eleven by me , "sure go to university drive and make right, go about 2640 feet and you should see it on the left" lol that would be weird

Reactions: Walkers13
mine goes over 2 miles

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj