DJI wants you to call if you have shell cracks

I was struggling to see in my minds eye how that would work, but now I've clicked that should probably do the trick as there would no longer be any stress on the thin plastic standoffs. Nice.
I can't see how this brace will stop the cracking that appears on the sides near the screws. It's not just the stand offs that crack.

Just noticed some very small hairline cracks under two of my motors looks like the P3 is shelved until the strong arm braces arrive.

The reinforcement plates are now shipping.
Strong Arm kit.jpg

Reactions: skyhighdiver
The reinforcement plates are now shipping.
View attachment 25309

I received mine today and unfortunately I will be returning them to Gary ASAP. After looking at them I wonder if it wouldve been better just waiting for the actual shell to buy, instead.
I was only able to get 3 of the 4 arm brackets on. I couldn't get the last one on for the life of me. Anyway, just my experience, returning first thing tomorrow.

I received mine today and unfortunately I will be returning them to Gary ASAP. After looking at them I wonder if it wouldve been better just waiting for the actual shell to buy, instead.
I was only able to get 3 of the 4 arm brackets on. I couldn't get the last one on for the life of me. Anyway, just my experience, returning first thing tomorrow.
Darn, I was hoping you would be the first to give them a try. What was the main problem with the 4th one. Holes not lining up properly?

What type of thread lock are you supposed to use on the screws?

Loctite 425 is a safe one.
Others not plastic-safe will make surrounding plastics brittle.

Google it for other brands/choices.

Reactions: Turdle
Darn, I was hoping you would be the first to give them a try. What was the main problem with the 4th one. Holes not lining up properly?
Yeah for some reason it wont line up correctly, couldn't get screw to bit... I just sent them back.

Hey Bigdz,
I am sending you another set to try out. I've not had any others that did not fit. I'll take a look at the ones you sent back also, to see what the problem is, as soon as I get them.

Reactions: Designer
I just got strong arms on. It is a bit challenging getting the shell screws on as you need to push that end of the strong arm in first and get a few threads to start them work the motor screws.

I used some blue Loctite and it showed me where the cracks were forming. I also noticed that my P1 has some stress cracks on the motor as well. Any chance you will make some for the older phantoms?

I just got strong arms on. It is a bit challenging getting the shell screws on as you need to push that end of the strong arm in first and get a few threads to start them work the motor screws.

I used some blue Loctite and it showed me where the cracks were forming. I also noticed that my P1 has some stress cracks on the motor as well. Any chance you will make some for the older phantoms?

Most common Loctite is not good for use near plastics. It will make the the plastic near-by brittle.
If you did not use a plastic-safe type you may begin to see more cracking and find the plastic failing

I will have to get a P1 to take measurements from, but I don't mind making them for the earlier versions.

Just checked your site, very cool stuff man! When I get my P3 I'll be sure to get some of your upgrades!

Most common Loctite is not good for use near plastics. It will make the the plastic near-by brittle.
If you did not use a plastic-safe type you may begin to see more cracking and find the plastic failing
Bummer I will have to look into the thread locker with plastics. At this point I have nearly lost interest in the P3 due to poor design on the chassis front. Just stinks that you need to add on reinforcement to a product that costs this much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20