DJI wants you to call if you have shell cracks

Yep looked at the data sheet for 242 and it is not recommended for plastic. Hopefully the strong arm will support the structure if the plastic does weaken. Seems that thermoplastic is most susceptible
, not sure what the p3 chassis is made out of.

Hopefully other folks read this or maybe a sticky is in order so others can learn from past mistakes.

I unfortunately came to this thread late and have used 242 in a couple spots on the P3.
Wondering if there's any recourse to take, or do I just sit by and wait to see what happens?
Not feeling too bright about this one..

Shouldn't be an issue I took my screws out and there is no adverse effects other than some blue stains. It does eat through styrene though. I put some drops on a bowl and they ate through in a couple of days.

I unfortunately came to this thread late and have used 242 in a couple spots on the P3.
Wondering if there's any recourse to take, or do I just sit by and wait to see what happens?
Not feeling too bright about this one..
If all else fails, this fix will keep things together.
IMG_20150707_184006978_HDR.jpg

This is basically what I'm going to do with the bondic. Apply around all screw holes, standoffs, and in the central area under the motor
Bondic is weak stuff, i use it since two years but only to hold small objects into position. This stuff is really weak and super expansive, the strongest stuff i had was that 2K clay, you have to knead the clay for a minute and this stuff will get like cement in 5 minutes but im not sure this can be used in a phantom, i guess not.

Last edited:
Thats not true, saw plenty of pictures with cracked motor mount holes as well.
A month ago when I made that post, the predominant issue and subject of the thread were the screws holding the arms together. It's awesome however to see that someone actually does go back and reads all of the posts in an old thread. Cheers!

Last edited:
Seems like that are really two issues:

1. Cracking at the motor mounts which is where the strong arm come in.

2. Cracking at the two screws that hold the arms together.

After seeing pics of a motor coming out of an arm the strong arm is cheap insurance. I am not nearly as worry about the catastrophic impact of the arms coming apart a bit.

Seems like that are really two issues:

1. Cracking at the motor mounts which is where the strong arm come in.

2. Cracking at the two screws that hold the arms together.

After seeing pics of a motor coming out of an arm the strong arm is cheap insurance. I am not nearly as worry about the catastrophic impact of the arms coming apart a bit.

By including the two screws that attach to the upper shell, the Strong Arm will prevent the shell from separating. It is designed to address both issues.

0831152033b.jpg
0831152034.jpg

Looks like DJI changed the shell in the latest versions. I just got this advanced which has the new motors. The area around the screw holes has an outer ring on one side of the quad the other side is less pronounced. Thoughts?

View attachment 29269 View attachment 29271

Looks like DJI changed the shell in the latest versions. I just got this advanced which has the new motors. The area around the screw holes has an outer ring on one side of the quad the other side is less pronounced. Thoughts?

Hmmm. Perhaps more material around the screws to avoid cracking? It has the indications of a thicker wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31