DJI should improve simulator for android

DJI should improve simulator for android

• Total voters
Looking at the screenshots on the link you posted... I don't think you are missing anything.

The iOS simulator is good for some things, but the graphics are nothing special. Your view is always of the same flat, green landscape. It looks similar to those screenshots. The view never changes.

Looks like Android has the same map inset, which is the only "guide" for where you are virtually flying. The map on iOS cannot be enlarged beyond the small inset, so it is still of limited usefulness.

I find the best use of the simulator is to experiment with the auto flight modes like waypoints. To actually practice manual flying it is not very useful.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Looking at the screenshots on the link you posted... I don't think you are missing anything.

The iOS simulator is good for some things, but the graphics are nothing special. Your view is always of the same flat, green landscape. It looks similar to those screenshots. The view never changes.

Looks like Android has the same map inset, which is the only "guide" for where you are virtually flying. The map on iOS cannot be enlarged beyond the small inset, so it is still of limited usefulness.

I find the best use of the simulator is to experiment with the auto flight modes like waypoints. To actually practice manual flying it is not very useful.
Joe21,
I was under the impression that the IOS simulator has landscapes with objects like roads and hills. See the screenshot on the DJI page.
go simulator.png

Isn't that the case?

Yes, that's what the screen looks like on iOS. However, your POV never changes. You can fly "towards" that hill in the distance, but it never gets closer. It is just a static backdrop. As the P3 gets further away, it just gets smaller and there is nothing to see.

Again, the simulator has its uses, but scenery is not one of them. :)

I guess some might think using the simulator is akin to looking at your device during an actual flight (with full FPV). It is more like standing on the ground watching someone else fly. There is no view from the virtual camera in the simulated Phantom.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Yes, that's what the screen looks like on iOS. However, your POV never changes. You can fly "towards" that hill in the distance, but it never gets closer. It is just a static backdrop. As the P3 gets further away, it just gets smaller and there is nothing to see.

Again, the simulator has its uses, but scenery is not one of them. :)

I guess some might think using the simulator is akin to looking at your device during an actual flight (with full FPV). It is more like standing on the ground watching someone else fly. There is no view from the virtual camera in the simulated Phantom.
That is a pity. I would love to fly around a mountain or a tree.
With android you can change the view. looking at the AC or from it.
Maybe I should change the charter: "DJI should make the simulator more realistic"?

Agreed. A FPV with some features to maneuver around would be a great upgrade for the simulator.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20