Dji go (for P3) and Android 12

Reaction score
Hello All,
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but so far I cannot find a fix.
My Samsung Galaxy S10+ recently upgraded to Android 12 and now DJI Go will not open (and stay open). DJI.COM does have a different version than Google Play does and I have installed their APK version with no real success. The app opens now but requires logging in each time it opens and will not connect to the P3.
Has anyone found a workaround to getting Dji Go to work on Android 12?

Reactions: 1EagleDave

Reactions: 1EagleDave
Same issue here I have the S20 Samsung android 12 as well and the exact same thing wrote dji (nothing) 2 months back. it will install and when i try as well lost count then crashes and now it has a box that pops up saying there is a bug in this software!! this has been going on for months now and nothing from DJI PERIOD. Getting pissed I have the phantom 4 v2 pro and now its a desk decoration and HAVEN`T even had a first flight with it and was booked for 2nd week in may to do something here in Peggy's cove nova scotia but there goes money!!

Hello All,
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but so far I cannot find a fix.
My Samsung Galaxy S10+ recently upgraded to Android 12 and now DJI Go will not open (and stay open). DJI.COM does have a different version than Google Play does and I have installed their APK version with no real success. The app opens now but requires logging in each time it opens and will not connect to the P3.
Has anyone found a workaround to getting Dji Go to work on Android 12?
Hi if you go to DJI.com and download the apk file for djigo for android it works fine,

Reactions: hyip2
Try it on some other mobile. I pads work great. You don't need cell connection. I hate to see you miss out on some great photos opportunities.
Yes tell me about it and C.T.V. News here in Nova Scotia Is going to be showing this on the 6pm news. I dont use apple but will see if I can get one from a friend/s thanks I will let you all know if this takes might take a day or two here thanks.

Thanks Everyone, As i said in my OP, I downloaded and installed the APK file directly from DJI.com and it doesnt work properly either. The go app opens but will not detect or connect to either of my P3P's. And yes the remotes are properly bound to their respective aircraft. They both fly fine but the GO app will not function properly. I was just wondering if there is another trick to getut to work.

Why not just use Litchi? It adds way more features than the basic DJI GO, and is a stable and proven app that works on all P3’s.

Chris

Why not just use Litchi? It adds way more features than the basic DJI GO, and is a stable and proven app that works on all P3’s.

Chri
I will check it. But IIRC Phantom 3 SE was not supported in Litchi because dji refused to add SE version support to SDK.
In Litchi changelog (July 2017) i see only Standard/Advanced/4k/Pro but no SE.

I will check it. But IIRC Phantom 3 SE was not supported in Litchi because dji refused to add SE version support to SDK.
In Litchi changelog (July 2017) i see only Standard/Advanced/4k/Pro but no SE.
You are correct. Annoyingly, DJI refused to release the SDK for SE and so has never been supported by Litchi.
In relation to this thread. I believe the issue is android 12 compatibility. It may be that side loading the apk or installing directly from DJI will work in Android 12 but I don't think this is the case.
I will have to continue to use my old phone or invest in a dedicated IOS device in order to fly my P3SE again.
Good luck all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic