DJI Service CA - Are you serious??

Reaction score
Surprise - this is not one of those angry complaints that ramble on. My 2nd time in two years I needed service and what a difference. The first time it took three full weeks with CA repair team, 10 days before even sent a quote, and many emails to resolve the simple repairs needed. This time it was literally three working days from their receiving to shipping it back out to me. Stunning. And they switched out for a refurbished (actually looks new/unused) aircraft. Even took time to remove and return the prop guard hardware. The set up today went smoothly and she operates perfectly. How's that for a satisfied DJI customer? Just thought to share a good DJI service experience.

I've had to deal with them twice in 4 years and was lucky like you and my experience was great also .
0ROJYyg.png

I don’t follow this forum that often, but just looking recently it certainly appears there are many more positive comments about California service center compared to last year. I think after their move they put a lot more attention into repairs and service. I hope.

Hey, Can someone tell me what the purple binoculars represent in some post headings. Some moderator “watching”? Why only some?

Hey, Can someone tell me what the purple binoculars represent in some post headings. Some moderator “watching”? Why only some?
It means that YOU are watching that thread .... not "some moderator". You started this thread, so by default, the system set it so you are watching it. You can change your preferences in your profile.

As an aside, "click-baiting" type thread titles really aren't necessary. The forums are very active. A better title might have been "Surprise ... I got great service".

It means that YOU are watching that thread .... not "some moderator". You started this thread, so by default, the system set it so you are watching it. You can change your preferences in your profile.

As an aside, "click-baiting" type thread titles really aren't necessary. The forums are very active. A better title might have been "Surprise ... I got great service".

Thanks for the clarification, Beachcomber.

As an aside, My choice of thread title was completely intentional. I was not looking for number of "views", but rather thought to attract some of the forum members who have posted rambling angry stories of poor service with DJI. And, as you may have noticed, others who share good recent experiences. Had I just used "Great Service", I believe some of those unhappy folks would not even notice. Point being Beachcomber, I had two objectives. To express a good - and greatly improved experience with CA service team - AND perhaps get the attention of past unhappy DJI customers and express the improvement in service I, and others recently, have seen. Happy flying.

BTW, I spoke directly to a service team supervisor in Cerritos yesterday by phone and we discussed the extent of damage and how they determined how to get my aircraft returned so fast. They moved to a new system of expediting different cases to improve turn around. A good, and productive talk. They really seem to have made good changes for customer service.

Last edited:
I had my P3S back there for weak WiFi. They rcvd it on June 21 and shipped it out on June 22. I rcvd it the next June 29 - coast-to-coast. They replaced the whole gimbal assy and the controller. Based on previous report, I was amazed. They must have finally created a US based parts warehouse.

Reactions: HIWEEL
As with anything sent in for repairs, sometimes we don't know all the circumstances as to why it takes longer than we think it should. While all of the above posts indicate great service and turnaround time, there is always going to be that one time for someone where they didn't get their product back in a timely manner. I too had great repair service from DJI in California. 1-1/2 weeks from the time it left my house in Ohio until it returned from the repair facility on the West Coast.

Greta job DJI.

I got great service and had it returned in four days. They quoted me a repair price and had it retuned with no problem. The repair was done in Southern California.

Last August (2017) I sent a P3 battery back for replacement under warranty. They requested a great deal of documentation before authorizing the return (beyond the normal invoice for date of sale etc.). They needed photos of the battery showing the serial number and other views of the labeling as well as a video of it in failure mode. I thought this was a bit excessive but I was happy to comply. They finally issued the return authorization noting that it could take up to 3 weeks before shipping a new battery. Well, 3 weeks and 3 days was the time it took. In comparison to your experience it would seem that things have changed quite a bit :)

My experience with DJI in this respect has been 50/50 (i.e., one great; one frustrating). First time was great - my P4P got intimate with a tree and fell to the ground; my fault. I used the "Care Refresh" plan I purchased and they replaced the drone with a new one; all shipped and done within a week from Texas to California and back. Currently, I am waiting for that same new P4P to be returned from a repair. I now have the "Care Refresh +" plan (since my first "Care Refresh" plan expired). I sent it in for what I thought was a free warranty gimbal replacement because of gimbal issues. After they inspected it, they said there were cracks in the left and right legs, which I've never seen (just did a detailed inspection about a week before sending it off). This was in addition to the gimbal issue they agreed the drone had. They stated this was not covered by warranty and I'd have to either pay $180 for repair, or use my 1 replacement for $119. I didn't want to use the replacement since I still have 10 months on that plan, so I opted to pay the $180 for repair. Mind you, I never crashed or hard landed this drone, and don't know how the legs got cracks I never saw, but since I would have to prove to them that I DIDN'T damage the drone (from their point of view, I did) I opted to pay for the repair. Last word on Friday was that the repair was done and that it would ship in 2-3 business days. From California to Texas via ground shipping takes 3 days minimum so by the time this is all done, it will be about 2.5 weeks without the drone and cost me $180 more than I felt I should have paid. So, as some have already noted here, some experiences are very good, and some could be better. I give their hardware an A+, their customer support a C. Hopefully time will improve the latter rating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31