Dji repair sent back wrong drone?

Well they sent back the same bad refurb they sent me last time. Gimbal is still making noise when idling and moving on it's own. Haven't flown it yet but with the camera moving at will I don't expect much. This will be the 3rd return 5 weeks of this. To think I sent them a perfect drone that just needed a new fan and this is where I'm at. Also when I hooked it up the settings were all my custom settings so I suspect they did nothing but turn this around in 10 days and send back.

At this point the only thing left will be to find a lawyer that can help you sue DJI for bad warranty practices. You have the evidence that you sent it twice and they didn't did anything about it.

For what it's worth, you may want to try calibrating the gimbal, using the new two axis method. Calibrate with the craft balanced upright, pointing up. It will balance on the motors if you're on a flat level surface. After that calibration, calibrate the gimbal again with it level, on the same level surface. This might help, but not sure, just something to try.

If that doesn't help, I'd definitely elevate this to a supervisor level. This just isn't right.
I did all that the first time they sent me this bird. There is something physically wrong with the camera you can hear the noises it's making and when I fly it the camera moves around on it's on... This is so aggravating and time consuming I might just keep the thing for parts and be done with the DJI Support..This is the first I've ever dealt with them.

I did all that the first time they sent me this bird. There is something physically wrong with the camera you can hear the noises it's making and when I fly it the camera moves around on it's on... This is so aggravating and time consuming I might just keep the thing for parts and be done with the DJI Support..This is the first I've ever dealt with them.
Get a lawyer and sue them. You have warranty and pretty much they didn't did anything to compliance with their own policy.

Wow sounds like some kind of fax machine on that camera. Think its time to really push it with DJI and like others have said, start getting ready to get a court notice on them

It has been my experience that anytime you deal with an organization that seems to be lackluster at fulfilling your concerns, they are, for lack of a better term, "waiting for you to go away". Don't give them the satisfaction. Stand in there and by any means, let them know you're in it for the long haul. Eventually, they'll flinch.

Reactions: bkushner
As I suspected, went to fly today and it's the same exact way it was. I knew when the settings were untouched they did nothing. When I throttle this drone I get tilted horizon real bad, not like a little but real bad, when I let go of the throttle and idle the tilted horizon corrects itself without me touching anything.

At this point I feel so screwed I'm about to buy another P4P remove the gimbal and return it with the bad gimbal and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
As I suspected, went to fly today and it's the same exact way it was. I knew when the settings were untouched they did nothing. When I throttle this drone I get tilted horizon real bad, not like a little but real bad, when I let go of the throttle and idle the tilted horizon corrects itself without me touching anything.

At this point I feel so screwed I'm about to buy another P4P remove the gimbal and return it with the bad gimbal and give them a taste of their own medicine.
Please re read my above post. What you're talking about sounds good from the revenge point of view but, won't end up good at the end of the day. Keep pressing them on how they have failed. That's what will beat them.

When I got the drone back yesterday I was still logged in and all my settings were there as if the bird never left home. So I pulled the flight logs and sure enough this bird wasn't even started the entire time it was at DJI repair let alone serviced or tested. Check this out.

pgbkp.jpg

the initial slope is wrong but the gimbal levelling out is what gimbals are supposed to do - can you adjust the gimbal manually to correct the tilted horizon?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub