DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

That's your Max altitude for uav (120m).
Don't be silly and go higher or you will just make life harder for yourself and everyone else.

I understand the safety concern, so I won't argue that, but let me ask you a hypothetical question.

Let's say you bring your car in for a recall to fix a faulty airbag and when you get the car back they mention that they've also capped the car's speed at 65 MPH. Would you be happy?

Reactions: dirkclod
I understand the safety concern, so I won't argue that, but let me ask you a hypothetical question.

Let's say you bring your car in for a recall to fix a faulty airbag and when you get the car back they mention that they've also capped the car's speed at 65 MPH. Would you be happy?
Thats not cool since some states have 75mph speed limits. If cars were new and still going through growing pains I might expect it.
How about back in the 70's when Carter lowered the maximum speed limits to 55 for all states? Kinda the same thing right?
Besides, you can override the limits set by DJI by agreeing to a disclaimer if you were hell bent on doing so.

Horizontal and Vertical (altitude) distance are not in the same category. (ie apples and oranges)

The overwhelming majority of use cases is to go down range more than altitude; to put eyes on a ground based Point of Interest:
  • There are use cases to fly higher than 400 feet; but in the far minority.
  • Given all the FAA incidents with UAV Operators flying in restricted airspace, it seems like a logical restriction to implement as a general rule.
  • Perhaps most that don't like the altitude limit are located near big city build/infrastructure.

Nothing but problems!! The firmware update got over 30% and then errors out telling me the batteries are below 50% and cannot continue. RC is fully charged with 4 greens, Both the batteries I have tried with full charges do not work and My phone is 100% charged. Any solutions available?
Yes, install manually

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Horizontal and Vertical (altitude) distance are not in the same category. (ie apples and oranges)

The overwhelming majority of use cases is to go down range more than altitude; to put eyes on a ground based Point of Interest:
  • There are use cases to fly higher than 400 feet; but in the far minority.
  • Given all the FAA incidents with UAV Operators flying in restricted airspace, it seems like a logical restriction to implement as a general rule.
  • Perhaps most that don't like the altitude limit are located near big city build/infrastructure.

Friday I took my standard to just over 500ft. I was also in the mountains over a lake where I was the only one there and the mountain was about 500 ft. next to me (so minimal chance of aircraft around). Problem I had is the drone's pretty small and I like to keep a visual on it. Can't see flying much higher if you like to keep visuals. Yes I still had fpv and could just point the camera down to see where it was but I was also afraid a big gust of wind would come up and blow it out of range (I was in the mountains)....

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448855060.257127.jpg

That did not work
Did you have the controller and phone/tablet on too, try that....they work updates together
Friday I took my standard to just over 500ft. I was also in the mountains over a lake where I was the only one there and the mountain was about 500 ft. next to me (so minimal chance of aircraft around). Problem I had is the drone's pretty small and I like to keep a visual on it. Can't see flying much higher if you like to keep visuals. Yes I still had fpv and could just point the camera down to see where it was but I was also afraid a big gust of wind would come up and blow it out of range (I was in the mountains)....

View attachment 36828

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Would you be able to down grade firmware using this method?
Just curious.

Would you be able to down grade firmware using this method?
Just curious.
Finally worked for me I run a software company that releases 3-4 updates a year. I just found this hookey in how DJI design their update procedure.

Finally worked for me I run a software company that releases 3-4 updates a year. I just found this hookey in how DJI design their update procedure.
So you are suggesting the the Go app copies the firmware to the SD card. Then the birds updates its firmware. Then maybe deletes the update on the SD card. Then the bird updates the remote if needed from its new firmware. Then the batteries if needed from its new firmware. That's why I have read when you use your extra batteries they will be updated.
Shazam!- Gomer Pyle

Besides, you can override the limits set by DJI by agreeing to a disclaimer if you were hell bent on doing so.
Every time I clicked agree, the number turns to a red 0 and I can't enter a number range. I mean I can, but it defaults back to 0.
Does this mean the height limit has been turned off?

no, no docs; find the bin file on your phone/table, copy to SD card, reboot battery
Hi Mark...I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and have been trying to update the firmware all afternoon. I'm so frustrated as I keep getting an error message that the Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection'. I continue trying to connect, shut everything off, start again, and the same error message. You mentioned to another person that you can get the bin file from your phone...that is so far over my head. Any chance you could help guide me through? Thanks! Mary

I'm so frustrated as I keep getting an error message that the Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection'.
Lets start with
#1 What are you using for a mobile device?
#2 You have downloaded DJI Go for your mobile device?
#3 I don't understand Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection' Where is that displayed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20