DJI reasoning behind new speed restrictions

Joel_t said:
UPDATE:

Made a complaint to DJI about new speeds and that I think speeds should be returned to normal in the next update and got this reply:

Thanks for your advice.
I will forward your opinion to the Product Manager. There are other users also complaining about this issue.

It's good to know if enough of us complain about this issue that something might actually get done to fix it. Not holding my breath due to a lack of faith in DJI but would be great to see the old speeds reintroduced with new firmware.

I Don't want to "complain" but I would like to offer respectful feedback for their records. I've never contacted DJI directly, can one of you guys suggest what address we can email / call for that purpose?

thanks!

MStacey said:
My tuppence worth if the tilt angle is to remain at the reduced levels in Phantom Mode then at least make it configurable in Naza Mode.

There's a good idea... I would happily learn and switch to Naza mode if that would make certain restricted settings like descent or lateral speed limits user-configurable. They could also put in a warning or clause that switching to that mode or changing those settings voids warranty if they're really concerned about defect / replacement liability (I believe someone said that was DJI's claim)

marathon-boats.com said:
What is the maximum flight speed now on 3.04? And what was it on 1.08? Cheers.

It's not so much a maximum speed but a maximum tilt angle which obviously directly affects your speed. Went from 25/35 degrees (GPS/ATTI) in 1.08 to 15/25 in 3.04.

Although there are some reports 3.06 has returned some of that speed back. Don't know how true that is though.

I can't speak to the speed in 3.06 I didn't notice much difference, but my solution has been to switch my flight computer to Naza mode, mostly I still stay in GPS mode which is basically like Phantom Mode and if I want to go fast for some reason I just flip to ATTI and go where I want then flip back to GPS when I want it to hover.

I'm not 100% yet but I'm pretty sure I haven't even "enabled" the IOC controls.. there's a tick box I left unticked in the assistant software so I'm hoping even if the left toggle (s2) gets accidentally flipped to CL or HL that it won't change flight style.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl