DJI Phantom pro 4 v2.0

Reaction score
Hi can someone help
Just got this phantom pro 4 v2.0
Returned The Mavic Pro 2 cause I really like this phantom a lot more and videos just seems so much more crispy and clear. Anyways my question is my phantom seems to drift when it’s hovering and I have no clue why no other of my drones do this only the phantom I have updated all software and checked imu levels and everything seems good it’s in green on all of them so I don’t want to touch it if I don’t have to.
When I first started it the drone seemed to shake a bit when hovering but second flight seems to have stopped I’ll do more testing tomorrow. But if someone can help with the drifting issue I have no clue why it’s happening, could I have a defect drone?
Should I go back to the store and exchange it? If someone can please help that would be great. I’m new to this forum.

Hello,

First, welcome to the group.

Are there any errors with any of the sensors when you power up? When you look at the sensors page, are they all green? The P4P has redundant sensors. Do the dual GPS, compass, and gyros all show pretty close readings to each other?

How much of a drift are we talking about, and was it very windy when you flew? Are you definitely flying in P mode and not ATTI mode? If you are in ATTI mode then drift would be quite normal. If you are indeed flying with GPS then a little drift would also be normal, especially in high winds. If you were flying in high wind, did you try turning the P4P 90 degrees each time to see if the drift followed the wind or if it always drifted to the same side of the drone? A little testing can give you a better idea of where the issue may be, if any at all.

Reactions: IronManNDFW
Hi can someone help
Just got this phantom pro 4 v2.0
Returned The Mavic Pro 2 cause I really like this phantom a lot more and videos just seems so much more crispy and clear. Anyways my question is my phantom seems to drift when it’s hovering and I have no clue why no other of my drones do this only the phantom I have updated all software and checked imu levels and everything seems good it’s in green on all of them so I don’t want to touch it if I don’t have to.
When I first started it the drone seemed to shake a bit when hovering but second flight seems to have stopped I’ll do more testing tomorrow. But if someone can help with the drifting issue I have no clue why it’s happening, could I have a defect drone?
Should I go back to the store and exchange it? If someone can please help that would be great. I’m new to this forum.

To answer your question: Yes you should take it back, we buy a lot of Phantoms 4 pro plus drones setup and if they are not perfect out of the box, they go back.

I would also recommend you get the Phantom 4 pro.

Phantomrain.org
approved vendor.

Hello,

First, welcome to the group.

Are there any errors with any of the sensors when you power up? When you look at the sensors page, are they all green? The P4P has redundant sensors. Do the dual GPS, compass, and gyros all show pretty close readings to each other?

How much of a drift are we talking about, and was it very windy when you flew? Are you definitely flying in P mode and not ATTI mode? If you are in ATTI mode then drift would be quite normal. If you are indeed flying with GPS then a little drift would also be normal, especially in high winds. If you were flying in high wind, did you try turning the P4P 90 degrees each time to see if the drift followed the wind or if it always drifted to the same side of the drone? A little testing can give you a better idea of where the issue may be, if any at all.

Hi yes I have checked everything and it’s all good compass is normal. But I did notice something yesterday that the compass 2 gave an error and to calibrate but when I went back to do it it showed up as good no issues ? And in the app it showed normal. But every once in while I’ll check and I’ll get that compass error. I have not tried calibration because idk how to start it without waiting to see that error (hopefully that makes sense). I just got this drone yesterday I do want to say that. And the only reason I saw the compass error is because I went in to the setting and sensors and that’s where it showed me the compass 2 error.

Last edited:
To answer your question: Yes you should take it back, we buy a lot of Phantoms 4 pro plus drones setup and if they are not perfect out of the box, they go back.

I would also recommend you get the Phantom 4 pro.

Phantomrain.org
approved vendor.

Okay but I really enjoy the phantom pro 4 v2.0 and Best Buy’s. Near me are all,sold out of the phantoms sadly I got the last one yesterday. And I have already purchased DJI Care refresh for my drone. The wobble that it was doing at first flight is now gone have not experienced it so far. But I do get a slight drift with the drone. I was thinking it could be the amount of wind thrust it’s pushing down because compared to Mavic Pro 2 this drone pushes a lot of wind down Very powerful. I am getting a compass 2 error as well but then it goes away and everything is normal not sure how to calibrate it without waiting to get that error back.

Okay but I really enjoy the phantom pro 4 v2.0 and Best Buy’s. Near me are all,sold out of the phantoms sadly I got the last one yesterday. And I have already purchased DJI Care refresh for my drone. The wobble that it was doing at first flight is now gone have not experienced it so far. But I do get a slight drift with the drone. I was thinking it could be the amount of wind thrust it’s pushing down because compared to Mavic Pro 2 this drone pushes a lot of wind down Very powerful. I am getting a compass 2 error as well but then it goes away and everything is normal not sure how to calibrate it without waiting to get that error back.

You are experiencing very similar issues as many V2.0 owners. Its quite unlikely that exchanging the drone would yield better results. Maybe DJI will give us new FW, but until then, the false compass errors and yaw drift are here to stay, it seems.

You are experiencing very similar issues as many V2.0 owners. Its quite unlikely that exchanging the drone would yield better results. Maybe DJI will give us new FW, but until then, the false compass errors and yaw drift are here to stay, it seems.

Hi just wanted to update, I just reset the software on both drone and remote and reinstalled it. Noticed the the wobble is gone expect when coming down for a landing it wobbles a bit and the drifting seems to have stopped. But did notice a couple things my remote shows for radio channel quality shows poor. And I did notice this yesterday not sure if it’s normal or not but I’ll show you the props seem to be off could this be causing my issues ?

Attachments

• AA3E7C5C-1BC9-4E5D-AA5E-AC231403D1A8.jpeg
    AA3E7C5C-1BC9-4E5D-AA5E-AC231403D1A8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 538
  • 02FA7228-61DF-4C1B-94AF-026DA8D7E491.jpeg
    02FA7228-61DF-4C1B-94AF-026DA8D7E491.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 508
I have gone back to the store and exchanged the drone the wobble worried me and the compass calibration error as well. I was able to exchange it to a Best Buy though I had to drive a little over an hour to do so. Hopefully this one is good.

I have gone back to the store and exchanged the drone the wobble worried me and the compass calibration error as well. I was able to exchange it to a Best Buy though I had to drive a little over an hour to do so. Hopefully this one is good.
It's an expensive product so it's better to be safe. It may be the same, in which case you know nothing is wrong. A little drift is to be expected. Good luck and keep us posted.

It's an expensive product so it's better to be safe. It may be the same, in which case you know nothing is wrong. A little drift is to be expected. Good luck and keep us posted.

I have great news!
This drone has no issues
I’m getting no wobble no compass errors and best of all the drone is not drifting.
Immediately i noticed a big difference on how this drone performed compared to my previous one which is strange. Not sure if it was an issue with the drone itself. But I’m happy to say issues resolved :)

Great news indeed. Glad you got everything worked out. Happy flying!

Reactions: Paul2660
Great news indeed. Glad you got everything worked out. Happy flying!

Hi sadly now I’m having issues with the camera :( the images and videos from the camera are blurry and seem out of focus I’ve been trying to fix it but even tapping the auto focus won’t work :/
I hope Best Buy will let me exchange it :c
As well as errors and transmission lose
This is my 2nd phantom so far :/

With the image transmission lose the drone was literally 40 feet away. I’ve tried re installing new software and nothing has helped with the camera or image transmission lose and errors I’m getting. Aswell as that horrible compass error has made a return :/

Attachments

• 328953E5-9509-4592-9538-4DE0BE1108BA.png
    328953E5-9509-4592-9538-4DE0BE1108BA.png
    722.9 KB · Views: 473
  • D62811BB-8735-4FC3-8278-8B19064A4E12.png
    D62811BB-8735-4FC3-8278-8B19064A4E12.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 509
  • E9AD4607-1757-453F-96F6-2D0BCFCD3CD7.jpeg
    E9AD4607-1757-453F-96F6-2D0BCFCD3CD7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 517
  • 01F506FD-0B28-4866-8BBB-436696880F2F.png
    01F506FD-0B28-4866-8BBB-436696880F2F.png
    718 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Hi sadly now I’m having issues with the camera :( the images and videos from the camera are blurry and seem out of focus I’ve been trying to fix it but even tapping the auto focus won’t work :/
I hope Best Buy will let me exchange it :c
As well as errors and transmission lose
This is my 2nd phantom so far :/

With the image transmission lose the drone was literally 40 feet away. I’ve tried re installing new software and nothing has helped with the camera or image transmission lose and errors I’m getting. Aswell as that horrible compass error has made a return :/

First off: I am really glad you took my advice and replaced the drone, however did you get another V2 ?

First off: I am really glad you took my advice and replaced the drone, however did you get another V2 ?

Yes I did get another v2
I’m pretty disappointed not sure if I should get another plus this one seemed used cause when I opened it
Someone’s memory card was inside it still

Hi,

Try manual focus in night shots. Also recalibrate everything!

Hi I actually already tried those things
Still didn’t work. I have Mavic Air and everything looked better on the air the the phantom. Not sure what’s going. Pretty disappointed so far with the phantom. Not sure if I should just go for another drone like The Mavic ?

Update....
Well after all this and after telling myself not to get another I decided and well was convinced to exchange it for another. Hopefully this will be my last.

Update number 2
I returned the drone and got The Mavic 2 zoom
The drone lost all power and connection and fell out of the sky.
Luckily I was recording me flying and showed them and they where nice enough to accept my return to Best Buy.
Never getting a phantom I have been traumatized......

Sounds like you have had rotten luck, also sounds like you got stuck with someone else’s return. Never heard of Best Buy doing that, other retailers like Frys were famous for it.

I have heard a lot of horror stories on this forum and elsewhere related to the P4P V2. My original P4 has been rock solid since purchase. I purchase it from DJI when the P4 was just released along with two extra batteries.

After years of heavy use in conditions ranging from sandy beaches to cold and snow, I have never had an issue with the drone or batteries. I wonder if DJI is just struggling to scale the production of the P4P V2. They have been out of stock on it now going on a few months.

I would agree, wait for the 5 to finally show up or get the original P4P, it’s seems to be the more stable platform.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic