DJI Phantom 4 Night Flight (Post your vids)

Reaction score
Hi there,
Here it is my night flight. I'm sharing with you so I can hear tips, tricks, advice, about proper settings for night videos.
If you want to share your videos, please feel free.
Also, I'd like to know if I would be doing something "illegal" in that video. As far as I know, I should be ok, but just want to make sure before an angry neighbor come knocks the door. Would be nice to know what to say, lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Admins and Mods, please let me know if it's ok to posting videos here or I should move to another place. Thanks! Great community here :)

Settings?
Well, I mean, at the beginning I thought having max FPS would have shown more fluid videos, then I realized less FPS would be better for dark videos. Things like that. As you realize, I'm just learning here :D

I've done four night flights in the week I have owned my DJI and LOVE IT!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Lots of night time stuff on my page 680aerials.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice video only thing I would say is turn off the front led lights next time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. What I did was designate the c2 (right trigger) to turn the front led's on and off. That way I can have them on when I take off or land (helps with orientation) and just hit the right trigger to turn them off once I start heading out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed. What I did was designate the c2 (right trigger) to turn the front led's on and off. That way I can have them on when I take off or land (helps with orientation) and just hit the right trigger to turn them off once I start heading out.

Yep I do the same but I notice with the new update they will turn off automatically when you're videoing or taking photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect, this post mentions tips and tricks however the only tip I've heard is to shut off the front LED lights. ISO? Shutter speed? Is everyone just using the typical ISO 100 and shutter 2X FPS? Share what you guys are doing that's outside of the box.

With all due respect, this post mentions tips and tricks however the only tip I've heard is to shut off the front LED lights. ISO? Shutter speed? Is everyone just using the typical ISO 100 and shutter 2X FPS? Share what you guys are doing that's outside of the box.

I've owned this for a week, so I can't offer too much help. I can say 4K has too much grain, 2k does also, I'm going to try 1080b tonight and see the difference. I am just using auto right now but I am going to start messing with settings on manual. I have two batteries coming Monday which will let me stay up longer to try.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

If you use new firmware there is an auto off on record setting so you don't have to switch when recording.

True... But I don't know much :S

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31