DJI Phantom 3 standard crash - camera broken

Reaction score
Had a bad crash earlier where the drone managed to clip a tree branch about 30 feet up and then couldn't stay in the air, fell to the ground right near a paved driveway ramp area..anyways, the aftermath appears to be the camera snapped off the gimbal and the ribbon is torn..will these mean buying a complete camera gimbal replacement from DJI and fixing myself? I see they are $259 shipped which is half the cost of the drone itself. Is it better to buy individual parts and attempt fixing something else, or sending to DJI? Thanks in advance for any suggestions as I'm newer to this hobby and have had this just a few weeks..

full

full

Hello....this is the p3s forum...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok thanks I got confused since it said Standard/4k Discussion..I'll look for Hutch and the appropriate forum
My mistake - you are in the right place. That's what you get when you're bored and channel hopping!

Hutch has a facebook page called UAV repair shop. He goes by the name of Hani.

My mistake - you are in the right place. That's what you get when you're bored and channel hopping!

Hutch has a facebook page called UAV repair shop. He goes by the name of Hani.

Awesome..I'll try to get in touch with him there..appreciate your help here!

Reactions: happydays
If you ditch this drone I'd be interested in buying parts from you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can buy another complete standard and get an extra battery, props, charger, for about $450. Wait a week and it will probably be $400 or less. That makes more sense to me that paying $259 for just the camera.

This next time also buy the Gimbal saver, the Camera saver and the strong arms, they really make a difference in crashes.

This next time also buy the Gimbal saver, the Camera saver and the strong arms, they really make a difference in crashes.
Links?

Thanks everyone..yea leaning towards just buying another at $400 from that ebay link above..the battery was also a bit dented from the fall and something is rattling inside the drone body..so makes sense cost-wise..

Update: Or not, guess I should have acted fast on that one lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers