DJI Phantom 3 standard - change EC to FCC mode in 2021 (position europe)

Reaction score
As I googled many pages and youtube tutorials, which refer to old firmwares and seem to be outdated, maybe someone could help me to create an actual manual for 2021....

I bought a used DJI Phantom 3 standard and the range is about 200-250m :-(

Model: GL358wA
Position: germany
App: "DJI GO--For products before P4" 3.1.61 (android)
Version: 1.9.20

Magic Power: 5.3+

what I tried:
1. Start MagicPower 5.3+ and open advanced seting (confirm with yes)
2. settings changed as followed:
*TX-Power: 27 dBM
*Region Code US
*Channel: auto

Ok, first try with Magic Power 5.3+ did not work, there were problems with telnet, then it worked suddenly, but when I did a test-flight everything was limited to 50m, so even worse.... Then I did the patch again and I can fly again. But still ~200-300m maximum.

Question:
1. How can I check if I am in EC or FCC mode and if the patch worked? (some old videos show a menue within DJI-app where they checked the number of available channels, but this menue seems to be not there any longer in newer versions.
2. Do I need to make a downgrade to an older firmware?
3. Do I need to use a modified app on my mobile? (I just downloaded the actual version from the google play store)

Please help.

As I googled many pages and youtube tutorials, which refer to old firmwares and seem to be outdated, maybe someone could help me to create an actual manual for 2021....

I bought a used DJI Phantom 3 standard and the range is about 200-250m :-(

Model: GL358wA
Position: germany
App: "DJI GO--For products before P4" 3.1.61 (android)
Version: 1.9.20

Magic Power: 5.3+

what I tried:
1. Start MagicPower 5.3+ and open advanced seting (confirm with yes)
2. settings changed as followed:
*TX-Power: 27 dBM
*Region Code US
*Channel: auto

Ok, first try with Magic Power 5.3+ did not work, there were problems with telnet, then it worked suddenly, but when I did a test-flight everything was limited to 50m, so even worse.... Then I did the patch again and I can fly again. But still ~200-300m maximum.

Question:
1. How can I check if I am in EC or FCC mode and if the patch worked? (some old videos show a menue within DJI-app where they checked the number of available channels, but this menue seems to be not there any longer in newer versions.
2. Do I need to make a downgrade to an older firmware?
3. Do I need to use a modified app on my mobile? (I just downloaded the actual version from the google play store)

Please help.
Did you make sure you are not in beginners mode on the app? That will limit you, no matter how far it can fly.

Did you make sure you are not in beginners mode on the app? That will limit you, no matter how far it can fly.
Yes I'm sure I'm not in beginners mode.
And after I'm just back from another test flight I must say, sometimes it loses the signal even after 120m. very anyoning.

Would also be nice if someone has a link to a tutorial, that he successfully used within the last year.

What computer and which OS is on that? If ya run that in Windows then start Mp v5+ as admin and power on the whole P3S-system.
Connect the P3S to the PC or Notebook and make the settings. Try to use channel 13 for that. In youtube you may search for papa tita´s tutorial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.