DJI Phantom 3 4K - DBS MOD - Dissappointed

Reaction score
I own a DJI Phantom 3 4K, I was not at all happy with the range with stock antennas. So after couple of research I tried DBS MOD antennas - "ITE-DBS01" LINK - http://dbsmods.com/phantom-3-4k-preorder-shipping-friday-f…/

Stock antennas would go upto: 1600feet ; Altitude: 380+feet
DBS Mod antennas are going upto: 2100feet ; Altitude: 380+feet

I am extremely disappointed. Did I mess up the installation?
I've attached the pics.

Would trying FPVLR help?

Thanks for any HELP!

nYl89YFr.jpg

wUA2fQ5.jpg

uvPbXHc.jpg

Guru install looks OK unless port 1 on your panel is not hooked to the 5.8 which it don't to me from that picture or one of you cables are messed up .
Have just got mine and out of 16 flights which only a few where to check distance stock I got these
IMG_3777.PNG IMG_3779.PNG And just ordered the same panel for it last nite .It's ether in one of your settings a bad cable 0r
one of those pins is bent over on one of your connecters .
Now as far as using an FPVLR which I have on other birds I have I say it won't , not if that's all your getting with the panel .
You have something off and would recheck my connecters real close .
After I checked and made sure the connecters were good in that TX I would also put a little hot glue or silicone over the connecter .
Just what I would do.
Welcome to the forum :)

Guru install looks OK unless port 1 on your panel is not hooked to the 5.8 which it don't to me from that picture or one of you cables are messed up .
Have just got mine and out of 16 flights which only a few where to check distance stock I got these
View attachment 51966 View attachment 51968 And just ordered the same panel for it last nite .It's ether in one of your settings a bad cable 0r
one of those pins is bent over on one of your connecters .
Now as far as using an FPVLR which I have on other birds I have I say it won't , not if that's all your getting with the panel .
You have something off and would recheck my connecters real close .
After I checked and made sure the connecters were good in that TX I would also put a little hot glue or silicone over the connecter .
Just what I would do.
Welcome to the forum :)

The pic that you've attached, is it with the "Stock Phantom 3 4K"?

The pic that you've attached, is it with the "Stock Phantom 3 4K"?
Yes and it's 2 screenshots of test runs . P3 4K . Just got it a few weeks ago .

Reactions: J Dot
Yes and it's 2 screenshots of test runs . P3 4K . Just got it a few weeks ago .

Dirkclod, that range is ridiculous... There is no way mine would fly that far in the best of conditions, stock OR with my DJI mod... Were you very high elevation above your drone? For instance, flying the drone in a valley lower than your standing when flying?

One thing, it does look like you are in the middle of a forest with zero signals anywhere near, which is a huge help. My max range without mod is about 2600 ft, haven't tested with mod yet (trying tonight). But that range is just out of control.

Dirkclod, that range is ridiculous... There is no way mine would fly that far in the best of conditions, stock OR with my DJI mod... Were you very high elevation above your drone? For instance, flying the drone in a valley lower than your standing when flying?

One thing, it does look like you are in the middle of a forest with zero signals anywhere near, which is a huge help. My max range without mod is about 2600 ft, haven't tested with mod yet (trying tonight). But that range is just out of control.
Yes I do all my testing there because of no noise and am flying into a little valley . I am lucky to have a place so close to me like that .

Reactions: J Dot
Is the 5.8GHZ the cable plugged into the spot under the screw?

See Screenshot

Attachments

• isthisthe5.8ghz.PNG
    isthisthe5.8ghz.PNG
    345.1 KB · Views: 557
If anyone can confirm, I need to know, which wire ends up at which port on the ITELITE?

I have a P34k also and they didnt send instructions.

I appreciate any help.

I just thought of another question as well. What is each channel used for on the P3 4K? Does it even need 5.8 GHz?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is the 5.8GHZ the cable plugged into the spot under the screw?

See Screenshot
Yes
If anyone can confirm, I need to know, which wire ends up at which port on the ITELITE?

I have a P34k also and they didnt send instructions.

I appreciate any help.
Port 1 is 5.8 and 2 & 3 are 2.4
I just thought of another question as well. What is each channel used for on the P3 4K? Does it even need 5.8 GHz?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
5.8 controls your Ac so yes it's needed

Reactions: sfazzina
@Gururaju what kind of location are you flying? I flew my P3 4K through a dense residential with dbs mod (unboosted). Max range I can get was 800m, so your distance is understandable if the place is full of interference. Once I can get a clearer space, it can go slightly above 1km. If you use boosters, you can shrug off those intereference. Got a 4.6km flight 2 days ago with dbs and boosters and thats not even the best setup.
IMG-20160826-WA0017.jpg

@Gururaju what kind of location are you flying? I flew my P3 4K through a dense residential with dbs mod (unboosted). Max range I can get was 800m, so your distance is understandable if the place is full of interference. Once I can get a clearer space, it can go slightly above 1km. If you use boosters, you can shrug off those intereference. Got a 4.6km flight 2 days ago with dbs and boosters and thats not even the best setup.
View attachment 63411
I want to add boosters on my dbs antenna - how did you do yours. P3 4k has 3 ports, which port do you connect the two wifi boosters?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.