dji P4 updated firmware stuck at 99%

Reaction score
So, I freshly recharged the battery and remote on my P4. As, I was turning it on, it informed me that update needed , I downloaded it, then attached it to the aircraft, it took about 10 minutes or so, to get it to 99% then sat there for an hour afterwards, then it said update failed, Once I restarted it, the aircraft lights lit up and it started beeping repeatedly, very frustrating. Apperently this has happened to a few ppl, and I have learned that you shouldn't update it from the DJI Go app.......Can any one help

My update on just about the same as yours. Pretty much the same information was displayed, I tried restarting everything else I could think of. I finally unhooked my iPad and hook up my iPhone and then it showed the controller needed to be upgraded. I upgraded the controller took about 10 minutes Reese rebooted it and everything works correctly now I took my P4 out on a quick flight everything works just fine.

In this situation, when you enter the DJI Go app camera view and the red indicator bar along the top says disconnected, click on that status bar. Next in the Overall Status section it should state there is an update for the RC, click on it to download and then install the RC update. This should fix your issue without having to rollback any firmware, it worked fine for me and others.

I had the same issue of the App not saying there was an RC update required, but using the method above allows you to manually check for an update and download and install it.

Reactions: Darren Roach
So, I freshly recharged the battery and remote on my P4. As, I was turning it on, it informed me that update needed , I downloaded it, then attached it to the aircraft, it took about 10 minutes or so, to get it to 99% then sat there for an hour afterwards, then it said update failed, Once I restarted it, the aircraft lights lit up and it started beeping repeatedly, very frustrating. Apperently this has happened to a few ppl, and I have learned that you shouldn't update it from the DJI Go app.......Can any one help
Mine did also. I used assistant 2 to rewrite to factory. Then updated to phantom 4. Quickly did so. It then prompted for controller update.

Worked perfectly, though it took a minute to figure out my micro to usb was bad, boy was I !@#$. First time using the one from Dji.

My update on just about the same as yours. Pretty much the same information was displayed, I tried restarting everything else I could think of. I finally unhooked my iPad and hook up my iPhone and then it showed the controller needed to be upgraded. I upgraded the controller took about 10 minutes Reese rebooted it and everything works correctly now I took my P4 out on a quick flight everything works just fine.
Exactly my experience .once I upgraded the controller on separate device it worked perfect .just close out app between battery changes if the update sets flight restrictions and it should work.

In this situation, when you enter the DJI Go app camera view and the red indicator bar along the top says disconnected, click on that status bar. Next in the Overall Status section it should state there is an update for the RC, click on it to download and then install the RC update. This should fix your issue without having to rollback any firmware, it worked fine for me and others.

I had the same issue of the App not saying there was an RC update required, but using the method above allows you to manually check for an update and download and install it.
Hi I just had this problem and after reading your post really sorted it out for me many thanks Darren

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4