DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

Dirty Bird said:
A little more info on ordering the Tali H500:

*Shipping to the USA is via UPS is $79.50. They do NOT offer insurance on your shipment!
*If you pay via PayPay, they charge you a 4.8% surcharge. With shipping/surcharge it is $2073.47
*The gimbal does indeed support both iLook & GoPro cameras, which appear to be identical in size.
*Don't see a "what's in the box" description so no idea on spare props, # of batteries, etc..
*There are NO spare parts offered at all. No props, no batteries, nothing!
*Can't find manuals for any of this stuff online.

Yeah... I might wind up with one of these, but there's no way I'll be an earl adopter as I was with the P2V. No spare props alone is a deal breaker. I need to have over $2,000 in hardware laid up because I chipped a blade? :roll:

-slinger

I truly hope this aircraft works out to be a good real world option. I would love to have it myself. I only see the future of the multi-rotor becoming more and more reliable and advanced. The more "Quality" competition that comes out the cheaper they will become. But in saying that we can probably always expect pricing to be north of $1,200.00 especially with the GPS, Autonomous capabilities and more premium cameras. Definitely, the wave of the future. Seems that I got into this just at the right time. Will be eagerly watching this aircraft.

According to the start up guide Walkera recently released, there's a "Control Video Switch" whatever that means...

Dirty Bird said:
Cool on the props & batteries. Surprised at the price.

So, Tali H500, 3 sets of props, 3 spare batteries, shipping, 4.8% PayPay fee: $2528.89

Can you say sticker shock?! :eek:

Does the monitor have a video out port? Need to be able to hook up to a fatshark or cinemizer if it's really sunny.

I know that Walkera has been around for awhile. Anyone familiar with their history from a customer service, dealer network, and parts availability aspect for their other RC products? Regardless, I too will not be an early adopter again. Price has to come down to no more than where the Vision + price is currently for me and I'll need to see several weeks/few months of real world reviews from purchasers

phantomguy said:
I know that Walkera has been around for awhile. Anyone familiar with their history from a customer service, dealer network, and parts availability aspect for their other RC products? Regardless, I too will not be an early adopter again. Price has to come down to no more than where the Vision + price is currently for me and I'll need to see several weeks/few months of real world reviews from purchasers

A few years ago, while awaiting the release of the Hitec Aurora 9X, I purchased a Devo10 RC controller. The controller worked fine, and it was very reasonably priced ($149) for a 2.4 Ghz 10-channel programmable radio with bi-directional telemetry support. To me, telemetry support for model battery level is a big deal. We take telemetry for granted with the Phantom but, for most RC aircraft, you have no idea about your battery level and base your flight times on a calculation and a timer in the radio. The Devo10 supported basic battery telemetry and GPS positional telemetry. but I was never able to get anywhere with tech support on the additional hardware I would need to get the battery telemetry to function. I later discovered I would need a separate telemetry module for EACH aircraft which, when you have dozens of aircraft, becomes fairly expensive. This is why I ultimately went with the Hitec Aurora 9X. Hitec's "Optima" Series receivers support battery telemetry directly with no additional hardware required. Just fit each aircraft with an Optima receiver, solder the included wire to your BEC or ESC, and you could see your current battery level on the Aurora 9X display.

Considering the size and complexity of the Tali H500 hexacopter, the Devo-12E FPV controller, etc..I can't imagine it ever being the price of a Vision+.

I would definately advise anyone interested in the H 500 to (particularly in the US) to wait until the iUAS carbon black H500 is available. This will also give some time to get RL feedback on the standard white edition. Let the early adopters do the "testing".

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203180

Attachments

• 01-dronemission.jpg
    01-dronemission.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 262
phantomguy said:
But pricewise, looks to be just the hexacopter..no transmitter/no camera?

From the listing: "Battery, Charger, Remote Control, Brushless Gimbal, and iLook Camera not included (sold separately)"

Would be cool as a spare if you already had a complete unit on hand.

varmint said:
I would definately advise anyone interested in the H 500 to (particularly in the US) to wait until the iUAS carbon black H500 is available. This will also give some time to get RL feedback on the standard white edition. Let the early adopters do the "testing".

Definitely love the black one! Thanks for the heads up on that! :cool:

Dirty Bird said:
varmint said:

Definitely love the black one! Thanks for the heads up on that! :cool:
+1 !

Not to mention that the black edition will be much easier to spot when high or far away.

I have the simple black (CF) Camera Guard from fastsmiles mounted on my P2V+ and noticed that my bird is now significantly more visible.

Dirty Bird said:
A little more info on ordering the Tali H500:

*Shipping to the USA via UPS is $79.50. They do NOT offer insurance on your shipment!
*If you pay via PayPay, they charge you a 4.8% surcharge. With shipping/surcharge it is $2078.26
*The gimbal does indeed support both iLook & GoPro cameras, which appear to be identical in size.
*Don't see a "what's in the box" description so no idea on spare props, # of batteries, etc..
*There are NO spare parts offered at all. No props, no batteries, nothing!
*Can't find manuals for any of this stuff online.

Banggood.com (http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-TAL...Src-ds-trans&gclid=CIDu_s-S178CFQIT7AodIA0Aeg offers this with free shipping to the US. With standard shipping, you may be in the old folks home before it gets here though.

Ron

I too love the look of this thing....what a big box lol.....need a bloody big case to carry that around lol

How do you record the video then ??

Guess I am struggling to see the real value this bird offers over the P2V+ - looks really cool and I like the retractible gear - but similar flight time - similar camera res - stabilized gimbal. I know you dont need an external tablet or phone. I know I am partial - but for the value of features and price the P2V+ still looks pretty good compared. Plus a honkin big footprint! I'd have trouble getting the case for that thing in the back of my car.

Walkera does make a good product though.

varmint said:
tizzl10 said:
the camera on this machine sucks worse than the plus camera. no thank you!

And you know this based on what specs and/or direct imagery comparison? FYI the GH3D readily accepts a GoPro, making the entire platform much more flexible than a plus.

I know this based on the youtube video I just saw of it in flight. I know it accepts the gopro..the stock camera is trash.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1VnY3vfo7w[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl