DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

That Tali H500 is one fine looking and fully functional bird for sure! They've really added to the specs that DJI customers want and would like. The 12 channel remote is awesome and with built in screen with telemetry! LOVE the retractable landing gear, but I have seen a PV1 that was modding to have those. Some of the switch designations seem ill conceived however and could have been incorporated in other ways.

I agree with many of the posters though and it's too soon to judge how it operates, handles and what those who purchased it will say.

Definitely something to watch though and see what happens.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
That woukd be great, hey dont knock the rx100. Great little camera. Problem is they will need to work on a bird that can carry the gimbal and camera and still keep the flight time over 15 mins which the tali 500 just wont do, not that a phantom will either but its the next step up for me.

I'm about to upgrade the motors on my P2V to Axi 2212/800s and according to eCalc that will give me 14 minutes hover time with a Samsung NX-1100, which is considerably heavier than an rx100.

I am with DB on this one. I do like the overall look and function of this unit especially the Cruise Lock, Retractable UC and the Black appearance. But with all this being said there are rumors of a Phantom Vision 3 coming around close to Christmas. I am really curious to see what DJI has to offer with this proposed unit (Or if it is just a myth) I would like to think that DJI may have more software upgrades coming for the PV2+ they may include a cruise lock or some other features but I would think that would require another channel or so unless they give us options to chose from within the S1 and S2 switches. But for $2K + I could buy another Vision 2+ and add a few mods like taller landing gear to better protect the gimbal and other accessories that would interchange with the 2 phantoms. Who knows what DJI has up their sleeve for future models and even improvements to the current model. I don't know I may end up purchasing the Walkera model but if I do it will be much farther down the road after there is some real world testing and some on hand experience with their customer service, parts and overall performance and I think I will let the others who are eager and have more money to spend than I do to perform the upcoming beta testing. It really is great to see some competition in this arena, I just wish a US based Made In America Company would get into this race for UAV Superiority and Manufacturing but I am sure any company here that has that ability is waiting to see what the FAA and the Feds are going to do to our overall usage and ownership policies. Awesome looking aircraft and it does have some very useful and neat features. Great to see this, but I think I will be on a wait and see holding pattern for a while. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Plus for me 2000$ is getting out of my price range, then there's always extras. It's not like I'm a professional photographer.
But I would like some more features like poi.

Yep, agree again with kymedic and mori55...

With DJI's phantom, I really like the spring loaded sticks as well that when untouched, automatically allow the bird to hover in place. This is a really cool and convenient feature DJI incorporated into their products. Seems to me that a switch for this feature (with the Tali H500), has only made things more difficult than they need to be.

Will still be watching though and waiting to see the reviews and customer satisfaction over the months.

kymedic121 said:
I just wish a US based Made In America Company would get into this race for UAV Superiority and Manufacturing

3DRobotics is sort of based in the US. Design is, and manufacturing is in Mexico. Not sure they have 'superiority' but probably better than having to rely on things from China...

malacca said:
kymedic121 said:
I just wish a US based Made In America Company would get into this race for UAV Superiority and Manufacturing

3DRobotics is sort of based in the US. Design is, and manufacturing is in Mexico. Not sure they have 'superiority' but probably better than having to rely on things from China...

Thanks for sharing that, I was unaware of 3D Robotics. Do they have the ability to mass produce a consumer based quad on the same level of DJI and Walkera? Or are they already doing so? I would much rather own a USA Made or Based Product. What I truly love my country as I fought and served for her I still cannot for the life of me understand why we do not have companies like DJI, Walkera and others in the many other manufacturing arenas that can produce consumer products like these with the same technology, performance and better quality. I know our country has the ability, we have the people with the intelligence and experience to create products like these and build them better and certainly offer a higher level of customer service. I know that countries like China have more people which are willing to work longer hours for less money. But our country has the technology and the ability to make a better quad or any other product, why are we not doing this? I would proudly and immediately buy a USA Made quad that was comparable to the Phantom if it had the same features, technology and price point. I would even pay a little more if it were Made In The USA!

It always boils down to costs and keeping them low. Everything is made or manufactured in China these days at considerable quality control losses.

It isn't a question of our technical savvy, rather the high costs associated with manufacturing in the USA. Labor costs alone are many times higher here than in a factory overseas. Then you pile on massive, bloated, out-of-control government, regulations, etc.. I find it hard to believe anything is still manufactured in the USA. Its the only way to be competitive.

Dirty Bird said:
It isn't a question of our technical savvy, rather the high costs associated with manufacturing in the USA. Labor costs alone are many times higher here than in a factory overseas. Then you pile on massive, bloated, out-of-control government, regulations, etc.. I find it hard to believe anything is still manufactured in the USA. Its the only way to be competitive.

Its a crying shame. I own a hunting products company and we manufacturer all of our products here in Kentucky and Tennessee. Yes, I could source every aspect out to China and was in fact given that opportunity 3 years ago but refused. Yes, we could have made our products in China from start to finish including retail packaging and would have saved over $5.00 per product on average. This would have dramatically increased our end margins but at what price? I don't feel that the end product would be of the same quality nor would they perform as they do now. Quite frankly we take great pride when we see the MADE IN THE USA on our products. Yes, our profit margins are lower because we chose to stay American Made but I feel that it is a better product for our consumers. I would rather make $3.00 profit per product and absolutely know that we have provided the most premium product to our customers rather than make $8.00 profit per product and never see the product and not know for certain that it is of the highest quality. I wish more companies felt the same as we do, but as grandaddy always told me "There is the way it should be, and there is the way it is". This just happens to be "the way it is"............He was so right on so many levels.

I don't know what you guys manufacture, but on lower priced items it isn't such a big deal. When you get up to technically advanced stuff, the difference is significant. An iPhone runs around $600 assembled in Chinese plants. Were they manufactured here, the cost is estimated to be around $2000! :shock: There would certainly be a lot less iPhones in the world!

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/b...dered/how-much-would-all-american-iphone-cost

You're one of the few that thinks like that anymore, kymedic. I do agree with you but neither of us run or manage a multi-million dollar business or have our hands tied by bureaucratic red tape. It's just the way it is nowadays in this modern, globally intertwined new world economy. :( It's the same here in Canada too, the UK, Australia and many other western countries. Everything do do with manufacturing is being outsourced to places like China, India, Mexico and even Taiwan and South Korea.

Dirty Bird said:
I don't know what you guys manufacture, but on lower priced items it isn't such a big deal. When you get up to technically advanced stuff, the difference is significant. An iPhone runs around $600 assembled in Chinese plants. Were they manufactured here, the cost is estimated to be around $2000! :shock: There would certainly be a lot less iPhones in the world!

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/b...dered/how-much-would-all-american-iphone-cost

Oh no you are absolutely correct. Comparing our whitetail deer supplement / attractants, doe estrous, and scent eliminator is in noway comparable to the Phantom in price point or manufacturing costs. But using my company and our products as an example we could have profited nearly $5.00 more per product by sourcing through China and this includes all the shipping costs and tariff and inspection fees. I can only imagine what it would cost to manufacture a Phantom in the U.S. I just think it is a shame that it has come to this in this in our country. We used to be the world leader in Manufacturing and the companies and their employees took great deal of pride in placing a label or stamp on their product that said, "Made In The USA!"

I would freaking love to have that thing lol. Nice. Wow. I wonder what the battery life is on it.

Which will probably mean a 17 minute flight. To be honest I'd much prefer the walkera qr x800 with a 40 min flight time granted this test was done without a gimbal or camera impressive all the same.
Walkera QR X800 40 Min Flight Time (fast Flying) …: http://youtu.be/yZmIl5LIJbA

I want to commend kymedic121 for his commitment to the USA . I really love your value system. Your customers and our country benefit with guys like you.

Draettig said:
I want to commend kymedic121 for his commitment to the USA . I really love your value system. Your customers and our country benefit with guys like you.

Thank you so much. I founded the company in 2005 some years after creating several products for me to personally use and also to share with friends and family. As an avid deer hunter I was tired of buying products that were inferior and often times were actually bad for the deer. Yes, we hunt deer but we are also very dedicated to the conservation and habitat programs of the whitetail deer. Ethical and moral hunters are this countries best conservationist. After creating these products and giving them away for a few years word got out about the results and people were coming to my house as late as midnight wanting to buy them. After much reservation and prodding by family and friends I sought patent and trademarks from the USPTO and was awarded them. I then decided to take a small hobby and turn it into a business but only with the intent that everything stays in the United States. Our products are now sold nationwide and we also have a hunting and outdoors television show. Yes, it has taken us longer to grow because the manufacturing cost is much more expensive here in the US so our profit margins are lower than if we had sourced to China. But after many years of persistence and sacrifice it has paid off and our packages are labeled MADE IN THE USA. I would rather make a little profit from a mass number of hunters nationwide than make a huge profit off a few. This way we control the quality of the products and we know that our customers and their deer herds are getting the highest quality product that we can possibly make. By doing this we are so confident in our products that we offer a Money Back Guarantee and this is something we couldn't do If we let China or anyone else manufacture our products. If you by chance are a deer hunter or would like to see our line of products and their proven results please come visit us at http://www.maximumdraw.com Once again thank you so much.................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik