DJI Log Converter

I am looking at all the fields in the converted TXT file from DJILogs. Is it possible to find the current height/altitude above sea level in this file?

I am looking at all the fields in the converted TXT file from DJILogs. Is it possible to find the current height/altitude above sea level in this file?
No. the bird only knows AGL.

Where do I access these files on iOS? Do I need to get into iTunes to pull the file or can I get it from the app?

I have a question and if you don't know the answer, tell me who might know.

What are these connected to or associated with? The only part that I do know for sure is, The OSD part in this case is for On Screen Display.

OSD.isSwaveWork
OSD.isSwaveHeight

They also are broken down kind of like you see them. "is Swave Work" and "is Swave Height". These are 2 data columns that are logged on the P3. They obviously have something to do with on the display screen. The Height one does log some type of height, but it is not from any of the usual data height's. The Work one appears as a True or False which could also be viewed as Yes or No. And the Work column does change throughout the flight. It does not just show a True or False down the logged data in that column.

So could it actually be even more so as it appears, and that be S-Wave or Short-Wave as in ham radio?

Reactions: Fplvert
Dear all,

I managed to export the metadata csv file. Can I find somewhere a description of what each column expresses? For exaple in OSD.roll values are not what I expect (maybe they express relative angles?)

CloudsNeverDie: why did you remove the feature to download the logs straight from the DJI cloud?

That was never a feature of djilogs.com. You must be thinking of a different site. I'm curious though which site used to offer this functionality, and would also like to know why they removed it.

I think it was flylitchi.com/logs but they seem to have removed this and linked to another one...

Perhaps they were told off by DJI. Technically speaking it would most likely be against their terms of service to access their cloud APIs with someone else's username and password to download their data without DJI's permission. That's the main reason I haven't added that feature to djilogs.com. Also, don't you find the idea of typing your username and password into someone else's website a bit creepy? I mean, with that information, they can access your DJI account and order history, download all your flight logs and see exactly where and when you fly, find out the name and serial number of your Phantom, look at your cloud thumbnails and perhaps even see your face, and do a whole bunch of things that are basically an invasion of your privacy. Be careful who you trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfpv
I've improved support for FLY.DAT files - you can now get CSV data out of these files using my tool. Enjoy!

You mean from the quad itself (USB)? All CSV fields?
Yes. Not all fields are converted, but the basics are there now (GPS position, height, roll/pitch/yaw, speed).

Wow that's really huge! Can you add voltage and flight mode?
I will if I find them in the myriad of messy data undocumented structures DJI writes into these files. I haven't been able to so far.

Hmm something seems wrong, when I download the comprehensive csv of a FLY DAT file, it's empty save for the header.

Also, is there a way you could add the "real" time instead of just a counter? I haven't found a way for Dashware to use a counter; it seems it needs real time. Although here it says running time should work I want to make my own data file. How can I make it work with DashWare? - DashWare

DATA.sequenceNum,DATA.longitude,DATA.latitude,DATA.heightGps,DATA.accelerometerX,DATA.accelerometerY,DATA.accelerometerZ,DATA.gyroX,DATA.gyroY,DATA.gyroZ,DATA.heightBaro,DATA.quatW,DATA.quatX,DATA.quatY,DATA.quatZ,DATA.magX,DATA.magY,DATA.magZ,DATA.xSpeed,DATA.ySpeed,DATA.zSpeed,DATA.gyroX2,DATA.gyroY2,DATA.gyroZ2,DATA.gpsNum,DATA.time,DATA.headingCompass,DATA.vSpeed,DATA.hSpeed,DATA.roll,DATA.pitch,DATA.yaw

Last edited:
Small bug, now fixed.

Sadly, it doesn't look like the quadcopter records the "real" time in these .DAT files - at least, I couldn't find it, and I looked pretty hard. Running time is all we can get. You can use the "DATA.time" field, it's in seconds.

Why not just use DATA.time to increment a real_time column in excel, then just concat the time component with a date component for use in Dashware?

Why not just use DATA.time to increment a real_time column in excel, then just concat the time component with a date component for use in Dashware?
Right but this would mean you would have to pre-process every file for use in Dashware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik