DJI Log Converter

To CloudsNeverdie: There appears to be a "bug" under battery temp in the DJI Log comprehensive csv converter.
Healthydrone always reports about 10°C more at the end of a flight.
For example one of my logged .txt files uploaded at Heathydrone indicates max temp of 41.95°C whereas the same converted comprehensive .txt file at CENTER_BATTERY.temperature indicates max 3221.
As battery is quite warm at flight ends I tend to think Healthydrone is more accurate. Any idea why the difference?

How can Healthy drone log the voltage of each cell using the .txt flight log? In the CSV file I can't find any columns that could extrapolate single cell voltage.
And any idea where they get the data from their Signal strength map?

Do you have any plans of making a (pay) s converter App where its not required to upload to the net? All these converters require logs to be uploaded.

How's it going Luap!

I'm pretty sure what you are experiencing is related to the position of the decimal point. The battery temp column displays the reading as say 3221. Where as it actually needs to display as 32.21 so the converters will work properly.

As it currently is, if you convert 3221 Celsius to Fahrenheit, it comes out to 5829.8 degrees. However, if you convert 32.21 Celsius to Fahrenheit, the readout will be 89.97 degrees.

Also, data columns are not the same with each operating system. The difference is, some data is in different column locations. Just letting you know in case you reference something by column name such as example column AG. Meaning if you asked someone what there speed showed at the end of column CL, unless the other person is using the same android or iSO you could be getting info on his height or who knows what.

Btw, I mentioned decimal point issue on the Battery Temp a few months ago but it wasn't followed up on that end. And aside from this, I just happened to send Matthew a $15 donation this morning because I feel like he deserves more then just a few high fives here & there. I greatly appreciate his time and effort put into the djilogs.com website.

Hot off the press... another converter for your DJI Pilot .txt log files...

DJI Log Converter

Outputs:
  • a comprehensive CSV format with every field imaginable
  • a Flytrex-compatible CSV format
  • Google Earth KML file
Props to Frank D'Amato for working with me on this one.

Also now supports FLY???.DAT files, with very limited output (text log messages only for the forseeable future).

Upcoming features:
  • a domain name just for this tool
I WOUL
Perhaps they were told off by DJI. Technically speaking it would most likely be against their terms of service to access their cloud APIs with someone else's username and password to download their data without DJI's permission. That's the main reason I haven't added that feature to djilogs.com. Also, don't you find the idea of typing your username and password into someone else's website a bit creepy? I mean, with that information, they can access your DJI account and order history, download all your flight logs and see exactly where and when you fly, find out the name and serial number of your Phantom, look at your cloud thumbnails and perhaps even see your face, and do a whole bunch of things that are basically an invasion of your privacy. Be careful who you trust.

I would prefer a stand alone windows program for decoding the .dat and .csv files. Why do we always have to log in and have it done online. Seems to me it would be a lot easier and faster to do it locally on my own computer.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I would prefer a stand alone windows program for decoding the .dat and .csv files. Why do we always have to log in and have it done online. Seems to me it would be a lot easier and faster to do it locally on my own computer.
Are you volunteering to write one? They're online because it's easier to fix bugs and maintain... all the code is in 1 place and used by everyone, so fixing a bug fixes everyone's bug.

Reactions: CloudsNeverDie
Are you volunteering to write one? They're online because it's easier to fix bugs and maintain... all the code is in 1 place and used by everyone, so fixing a bug fixes everyone's bug.
Mostly I was 'fishing' to see if there was a computer version one available. I have to download updates all the time anyway, we all do that now.

Please note that owing to the attitude of the forum owners, I will no longer be monitoring these forums or providing support here. If you wish to get in touch, please visit DJI Log Converter. Thanks!

Maybe CloudsNeverDie has left the building?

I just tried the file converter and imported the comprehensive.csv into dashware. I installed the DW profile and guages he has posted.

But, in DW, the comprehensive.csv does not show any track info in order to sync the video. If I use the flytrex.csv file from the site, then track info is shown, but I can't seem to get any battery or voltage info.

Any idea what I'm doing incorrectly?

Maybe CloudsNeverDie has left the building?

I just tried the file converter and imported the comprehensive.csv into dashware. I installed the DW profile and guages he has posted.

But, in DW, the comprehensive.csv does not show any track info in order to sync the video. If I use the flytrex.csv file from the site, then track info is shown, but I can't seem to get any battery or voltage info.

Any idea what I'm doing incorrectly?

You need to install the UAVForecast Profile and everything will be golden. Go here and see Frank (not me) fdnyfish Dashware Gauges - Index page

You need to install the UAVForecast Profile and everything will be golden. Go here and see Frank (not me) fdnyfish Dashware Gauges - Index page

I added the profile DJILogs Comprehensive.xml found here: DJI Log Converter
And that profile populated the profile box in Dashware automatically when I select the comprehensive.csv file But, no ground track.

Is there a different profile I should be using?

Thanks!

I added the profile DJILogs Comprehensive.xml found here: DJI Log Converter
And that profile populated the profile box in Dashware automatically when I select the comprehensive.csv file But, no ground track.

Is there a different profile I should be using?

Thanks!

I'm not sure how you could ask that question if you read my post to you. Go to the link and download and install the UAVForecast Profile. The website is pretty well laid out so you'll know where you need to look for what you are after..

Still no one is openly publishing the FLY**.DAT format? Or did I miss it? What happened to the spirit of community development? It would be so much easier if someone simply posted a list of message headers, offsets and data types.

If no one does (or has yet), I guess I will give it a shot. Might take a me a while to do the decode but I've still got all the tools for when I debugged much of the P2 CAN bus structures. I'll enlist the help of my buddy pawelsky over at rcgroups who wrote the awesome NAZA / A2 CAN bus library for Arduino.

DJI NAZA/Phantom/A2 CAN bus communication protocol - NazaCanDecoder Arduino library - RC Groups

And once it's done, I'll make sure it's fully documented and posted prominently for everyone to use. The .DAT file is the black box on the P3. In order to trust the data, however, you have to evaluate the source. Not everyone knows how to process a quaternion. I certainly don't. Well maybe a little.

P.S. Frank's Dashware work is much appreciated. Well done.

I'm not sure how you could ask that question if you read my post to you. Go to the link and download and install the UAVForecast Profile. The website is pretty well laid out so you'll know where you need to look for what you are after..

Well, the reason is the profile that I installed is from Frank's site (supposedly anyway).

So, perhaps you can understand my confusion when you say to install the profile I already installed. I will have another look around Frank's site and see if perhaps the profile of his that is being distributed on DJI Log Converter is not current or something.

There was a time the UAVForecast Profile was getting updated every other day. FDNYfish updates his own profile often. But I have no idea how often the file download is updated on his site is unknown. He more then likely keeps it updated.

Still no one is openly publishing the FLY**.DAT format? Or did I miss it? What happened to the spirit of community development? It would be so much easier if someone simply posted a list of message headers, offsets and data types.

If no one does (or has yet), I guess I will give it a shot. Might take a me a while to do the decode but I've still got all the tools for when I debugged much of the P2 CAN bus structures. I'll enlist the help of my buddy pawelsky over at rcgroups who wrote the awesome NAZA / A2 CAN bus library for Arduino.

DJI NAZA/Phantom/A2 CAN bus communication protocol - NazaCanDecoder Arduino library - RC Groups

And once it's done, I'll make sure it's fully documented and posted prominently for everyone to use. The .DAT file is the black box on the P3. In order to trust the data, however, you have to evaluate the source. Not everyone knows how to process a quaternion. I certainly don't. Well maybe a little.

P.S. Frank's Dashware work is much appreciated. Well done.

Hold up Ian....

There was a FLY.DAT converter released just a week ago. See attached file.

Due to there being new data, I searched a little to see some of what we now have to work with. And what I came came up with is several of the categories are to be used for diagnosing different areas in the P3. Some include the Compass. The DATA.magX, DATA.magY, DATA.magZ, are meant to be used to monitor the formulas making sure the combination of the 3 stay with in a particular range. When they are not in "The" range, is when it is time to pucker up and get ready to start taking things seriously.

I found a software program that was created to simplify this, plus some of the other DATA categories. However, I did not see info for all of the new categories. But this is mostly a result of not spending the time needed to find everything.

Let me know here what you think once you get a chance to look at the attached file.

Attachments

• FLY079.DAT.Comprehensive.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 296
I appreciate the comprehensive format. But I still want the source data structure. Call me weird. I think it's good to get it out there. Let a group of devs work on all sorts of stuff without having to deconstruct the wheel every time.

I appreciate the comprehensive format. But I still want the source data structure. Call me weird. I think it's good to get it out there. Let a group of devs work on all sorts of stuff without having to deconstruct the wheel every time.

The comprehensive is now a must have when it comes to dashware. The dashware system is alive and well. But it would be nice to have a more simplified setup for referencing flight data.

I love the tool, great work. One suggestion - would it be possible to put the units of measurement in the column headers. It would be some piece of mind to be sure what I'm working with.
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic