DJI Goggles vs P4 Pro Specific Question/Issue

Reaction score
Ok so I received my Goggles. They’re awesome, imo. They work perfectly with my Mavic Pro and yes it works with my Phantom 4 Pro (headtracking and everything included).

My issue is that when I use headtracking on the Mavic, the gimbal movement is buttery smooth. So smooth in fact you could pass off legit camera moves with it as if it were handheld almost. The gimbal movement with headtracking on the Phantom4 Pro however isn’t as smooth. It’s kind of jittery. That might be too strong of a word to use as it’s functioning as it should, it’s just not completely smooth. When pitching the gimbal with the rc wheel it’s fine. Not that this is it’s full intent but if I were shooting something on the p4 using the headtracking for a purpose it would most likely be unusable footage - not the case with the Mavic. The big rub is that the P4 camera is exponentially better so I’d really hope to get the Phantom worked out.

Anyone else experience this? Are there ways to fix it? Is this just how it is on the Phantom?

I’ve done resets on the goggles and aircraft and camera. I’ve updated all the firmwares. I’ve adjusted headtracking sensitivity in the goggles and tried adjusting gimbal settings for smoothness. I’ve even tried using different USB cables.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20