DJI GO4 App and Transmission Signal Strength

Reaction score
Dear respected members,

Thank you always for your various technical supports

My issues are;

1. I am using iPad mini as the device for my P4, so i updated the iOS and also my DJI GO app to DJI GO 4. Since then, i'd been having issues like the app switching off while flying, not giving me clear view on the device and sometimes going totally blank while flying. I only view my recordings and snapshots later on my PC. This is very frustrating while flying and disrupts my operation.

2. The drone (P4) is designed to go 5km radius. Since i got it (Mid 2016), i'd never gone beyond 2.2km radius, i will be notified of weak/loss of transmission error on my device,thereafter return home. I'd encountered this in several flying areas such as open fields, forest, etc.

kindly assist as usual.

Thank you all

I am using iPad mini as the device for my P4, so i updated the iOS
If you're not running iOS 11.2.1, then try upgrading to 11.2.1.

and also my DJI GO app to DJI GO 4
That is a confusing statement since the P4 can only be flown with DJI GO 4.

Try the following:
  • Ensure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Ensure no obstacles come between the Phantom and remote controller while flying
  • Ensure there are no other electronic devices near your remote controller when flying
  • Try the suggestions in this post

2. The drone (P4) is designed to go 5km radius. Since i got it (Mid 2016), i'd never gone beyond 2.2km radius,

The range has been always been an issue. Many report that they can't reach the advertised range. I can't... I've only managed a maximum of 2.5 Km in the year I've owned my P4. I live in the country with no houses or buildings and lots of open fields.

But... I've read reports of people going over 8 Km with their unmodified drones. I guess it's hit or miss.

Reactions: Matash

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl