DJI GO doesn't show the aircraft position

Reaction score
Dear all,

Today, I noticed an issue with DJI GO 3.0.1 : the mini map does not show the position of the aircraft anymore.

This means the map is just full grey and 100% empty.
Even if I've got more than enough sattelites (9 or 10).
I've tried with 2 other devices, and it worked well.
The phone which is concerned by that issue is the samsung galaxy S7.

The strange thing about that is that I didn't encountered any issue before with the same phone, and same version of DJI GO (3.0.1).

Does anybody have an idea about that, that may help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Julien

Have you tried a simple uninstall/reinstall?
Or if you have, then did you try a clean unistall/reinstall?
The clean involves clearing cache, uninstalling app, phone restart, and reinstall app

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dear all,

This means the map is just full grey and 100% empty.

If no map is showing try opening the app (with your phone gps turned on) while you have a full internet connection, to allow the map data to cache before connecting to the phantom.

Dears,

The issue is not related to the fact the map does not show any information.
(That's normal : I've never loaded the map from internet, so it can't display anything. I'm used to fly like this, no problem.)

The issue I encounter is that the aircraft position (nor the smartphone position, even with location enabled) are NOT shown on the map.
That means : no point showing the home point location, no "triangle" showing the aircraft position and no point showing the smartphone location.
Nevertheless, as soon as I get more that 6 sattelites, I get a message telling that the home point has been recorded. The thing is just that it does not display on the map... I've tried zooming a lot, dezooming a lot, no change.

As advised by mdowney58, I've tried to reinstall the map, by applying the following actions :
- clearing cache of DJI GO
- clearing all the floders related to DJI GO
- uninstalling the app
- rebooting the phone
- downloading / installing DJI GO 3.0.1 again

But the issue remains exactly the same.

Here is a screenshot of the issue (that means, no position point shown).
Dropbox - Screenshot_20161114-100817.png

Last point : if I switch to the other view (radar view I think it's called), the home point is shown. But I don't like this view, as it's not possible to zoom.

If somebody has other ideas, I would be very grateful to him :)

Julien

The aircraft indicator may just be way off screen - try tapping the centre aircraft position button (the one that looks like a circle with cross hairs)

The aircraft indicator may just be way off screen - try tapping the centre aircraft position button (the one that looks like a circle with cross hairs)

I've already tried that, but it doesn't change anything... :(

Wow, just curious what type of phone, I have seen my camera in the small window, I actually forgot you could do that.
Somebody should come up with some help.:rolleyes:

Rod

Wow, just curious what type of phone, I have seen my camera in the small window, I actually forgot you could do that.
Somebody should come up with some help.:rolleyes:

Rod
If I understand from the OP, it's a Samsung Galaxy S7

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If I understand from the OP, it's a Samsung Galaxy S7
Yes, I see I had read it all, but only rolled back to #4, thought that was the first post, this can happen when you are work and you get distracted from what is most important to you.

Rod

Still not working?

Rod

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic