DJI GO 3.1.2 Android Released

Reaction score
Installed.

Blows chunks.

Here at my office, hit camera for my P3S, and here maps shows a location over a mile away.

Opening Gmaps shows my correct location on the phone.

I will retry at home while connected to the P3S, but don't expect a difference.

So, the question begs, which version should I go back to?

With my P4 I rolled back from 4.1, 4.0, 3.1, 3.0 all the way back to 2.9.1 and I got my bird back! google maps that follow the craft and a non pixellated low lag image. I think that the 3 and 4 used the same GO then, Also my RC to 1.6 and AC to 0503.

Reactions: BigR1979
Installed.

Blows chunks.

Here at my office, hit camera for my P3S, and here maps shows a location over a mile away.

Opening Gmaps shows my correct location on the phone.

I will retry at home while connected to the P3S, but don't expect a difference.

RW, I'm sure I am going to hell for this, but these are the versions I have been using for months and with good results. For what it is worth.
I have the P3A though

DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0

I saved the DJI Go APK 2.8.1 in case anyone needs it to sideload it. At the time the Play store claimed it was not compatible with my Note 4.

Last edited:
Ooops...I just saw the post by Erised above and his bird firmware does not look anything like mine. I will double check. But he has a 4, so maybe that explains it.

RW, I'm sure I am going to hell for this, but these are the versions I have been using for months and with good results. For what it is worth.
I have the P3A though

DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0

I saved the DJI Go APK 2.8.1 in case anyone needs it to sideload it. At the time the Play store claimed it was not compatible with my Note 4.
Hi Kirby,,
Would you mind post here dji go 2.8.1?
I've looked and couldn't find it anywhere on the web.
Thank you.
Antonio

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyway to load an old version on an iPad? I am now using an ipad mini for the larger screen. The dji go app is vastly different than what i have on my s7 edge. I much prefer the s7 version. The ipad version looks like a dumbed down version. I can check the versions of both later and post.

Last edited:
I'm dumping 3.1.2 and going back to 2.9.1 ......

This latest Go is terrible !!

Nigel

Reactions: BigR1979
So I'm constantly seeing people complaining about firmware. When there are so many issues and some claiming it causes them to crash, what is DJI saying or doing about it and why is there so many problems with these updates? I would assume DJI is testing these updates before sending them out to the public.

Rleigh:
I have written a couple thousand lines of code and I can tell you there is an element of truth in this joke:

If builders built buildings
The way programmers wrote programs
Then the first Woodpecker that came along
Would destroy civilization.

:)
There used to be a cartoon in the Software Engineering break room of a software guy
in an office chair with wheels on it behind a company delivery truck
with his laptop resting on the back bumper of the truck as it was pulling away.

Reactions: rleigh
So I'm constantly seeing people complaining about firmware. When there are so many issues and some claiming it causes them to crash, what is DJI saying or doing about it and why is there so many problems with these updates? I would assume DJI is testing these updates before sending them out to the public.

The biggest problem today is not the FW - yes it has reduced my range by about 10% ... but its the Go App now that is causing serious troubles with RTH and Home Position. (I only know about Android 3.1.2 version ... )

Maybe the iOS version is better - I have no idea ... but Android version 3.1.2 is ******* !!

Nigel

Same here. While connect to P3P it showed the ACs correct location, but showed I was over a mile away. Odd considering the tablet and AC were sitting next to each other.

I rolled back to 3.9.1 and then disabled auto-update for DJI Go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl