DJI FC40 Flip

Reaction score
I have recently replaced the main board because of an issue with the 5V regulator. All ESC's have been soldered in the same manner in which the original unit was. The motors spin up (test and active flight) without fault. The problem begins when I begin to take off. I will apply two thirds power and the unit will flip over and attempt to cut my grass.
I have ready a few different threads of people that have experienced the same but none have reported how and or if they were able to resolve the issue.
Any direction would be appreciated.

My bird will sometimes tilt to one side (usually forward) when I try to take off... I have never ever tried only giving 2/3's power though... I was told to give it full throttle to get the bird off the ground, this usually takes it between 5-10ft... try doing this (full power on the left lever, until the craft is 5-10ft)
I'm pretty certain if I only gave it 2/3 power I'd be trimming grass as well.‎

Thanks Mikey. However I tried that as well and the bird just flips more aggressively and usually a bigger arc to the ground. Wanting to keep it in the grass and not dug into my neighbors siding I have reduced the throttle to the same result.

Check the direction that your motors are spinning. You likely have one turning in the wrong direction. Also check that you have the ESC's plugged into the correct port on the NAZA controller. This is a common problem that has bitten many of us. It is almost always a motor turning the wrong direction.

Reactions: Ti22
Also be sure the motors spin freely and not too notchy or too much resistance on one vs the other 3

One more thing that can cause flips: Make sure in the NAZA assistant software that you have the correct model type selected "X" not "+"

Reactions: Ti22
I experienced this when trying out carbon fiber props from ebay. I balanced them perfect with my dubro and on take off it just flipped over. I have yet to find any carbon fiber props that fly as good or better as the plastic ones. This is a shame because I notice a definite increase in throttle response with carbon fiber props....it's just too unstable with them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: griter34
I experienced this when trying out carbon fiber props from ebay. I balanced them perfect with my dubro and on take off it just flipped over. I have yet to find any carbon fiber props that fly as good or better as the plastic ones. This is a shame because I notice a definite increase in throttle response with carbon fiber props....it's just too unstable with them

Something does not sound right there as my carbon fibers have been the best props that I own so far. I use them when I want the absolute smoothest video. I will try to find the seller I got mine from and send it to you.

Reactions: dtitus6297
Something does not sound right there as my carbon fibers have been the best props that I own so far. I use them when I want the absolute smoothest video. I will try to find the seller I got mine from and send it to you.
I would appreciate that most definitely. I always try pairs out and end up regretting it later so I would love to try a pair that is known to be good...thanx

I would appreciate that most definitely. I always try pairs out and end up regretting it later so I would love to try a pair that is known to be good...thanx

Props - 2Pairs 9443 Self Locking Carbon Fiber Props for DJI Phantom 1 2 Vision+ FC40 FPV

Seller Store - Items in uctopfpv store on eBay! (included that because he is easy to deal with and takes 2 to 3 days to get to me when I order parts)

On a side note the Phantom 3 props are cheap so you might want to get those at Staples they work equally well.

Try it without the camera once......then you can rule out balance.

Mine did that when one of the motors wasn't up to snuff - one could see it spinning more slowly than the others doing idle, If I tried to throttle up, over it would go. Replaced the bad motor and all is well now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj