DJI direct order fears!

So yesterday I ordered the Phantom 4 and two extra batteries from the DJI website. Today I began to uncover many stories of woeful service and warnings not to buy direct from DJI. I've emailed and requested my order (which is pending) to be cancelled.

I feel silly for not researching this properly before taking the plunge. It would also seem my local Apple Store has both the 4 and spare batteries available anyway so double stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have ordered my phantom4 and got it right away and I also had a battery go bad after 6 flights on my phantom 2. The battery was out of warranty but I sent it back to dji with an explanation and they replaced it right away. No problems dealing with dji here

Ordered two extra batteries from DJI on a Wednesday afternoon and received it the following Monday.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

To be very honest i would feel much safer ordering from dji direct as specially batteries, you know what you are getting a proper DJI battery better than aftermarket fakes on eBay.

I ordered my 1st P4 direct off the DJI website. Thought I could save sales tax & shipping. Shipping was pretty fast, received it in about 5 days after ordering. What I didn't realize was that my bank charged me a $45 foreign transaction fee. DJI mentions this possibility on their website, but you have to dig for it.

3. Do I have to pay a bank charge when I buy DJI products?

The payment processing bank (Merchants Bank) for DJI is located in Hong Kong. Additional bank charges for international transactions may vary according to the policies of different credit card issuers. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information regarding bank charges. Bank charges will not be shown in your online order, and DJI does not take any responsibility for any bank charges occurring from using international credit cards to make a payment.

I purchased my next 2 from a local mom & pop dealer. I told him about my DJI direct experience and he said he hears it all the time. He said if I would pay him cash he would "save" me the sales tax and knock off $100. He said DJI is tough to deal with and requires a pretty steep commitment so he rather make a little less to keep up his volume. Plus the credit card company charges him almost 4%. He went on to complain about the ebay & amazon guys that don't have the overhead he has as well as DJI being in direct competation with him. I feel sorry for the mom & pop retailers, he is right about the online guys and consumers just look for the best price. I felt bad about taking the $100 discount, but he insisted and he now has a customer for life, or as long as he can stay in business.

BUY LOCAL if you can and support your neighbors.

So yesterday I ordered the Phantom 4 and two extra batteries from the DJI website. Today I began to uncover many stories of woeful service and warnings not to buy direct from DJI. I've emailed and requested my order (which is pending) to be cancelled.

I feel silly for not researching this properly before taking the plunge. It would also seem my local Apple Store has both the 4 and spare batteries available anyway so double stupid!

I ordered a P4 from Amazon and it was defective. The Tech folks at DJI worked hard to make it connect and finally determined it
was defective. I contacted Amazon and sent it back with no problems. refund was quick and easy. Next I ordered from DJI,
received the P4 by Fed Ex in a few days and have been very pleased with it and DJI ever since.
Guess it is the luck of the draw!

I bought direct from DJI in China. Had the kit in 5 days right on time. I ordered direct because I was reading about folks getting bad batteries from other sellers.
All my batteries and bird works great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have ordered my phantom4 and got it right away and I also had a battery go bad after 6 flights on my phantom 2. The battery was out of warranty but I sent it back to dji with an explanation and they replaced it right away. No problems dealing with dji here
I ordered a set of props from DJI direct. I waited for 10 days and tracked the order which apparently came from China. The package required a signature (for a set of props?) but I was not home. UPS sent the props to their warehouse where appear entry DJI requested the props be sent back to them. They refunded my money, but WTF?

My confidence level ordering from them direct is zero. I ended up just buying a set off Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers