Buying direct from DJI????? Disaster!!!

Reaction score
So I made the mistake and bought another battery for my phantom 3 standard directly from DJI. initially the claimed I'd have it yesterday. Now when I track the package it shows it still moving around over in China??? I tried contacting DJI but they won't even talk to me, literally won't talk to me. I emailed them to see if I could just cancel the order and the said NO. Worst customer service I've ever even heard of.............to bad because I was planning on upgrading to a Phantom 4 in the near future. I guess I'll need to look at other options. Anyone else have an experience like this?

First off, welcome to the group!! Most of the new stuff P4P's and Mavic's for the US orders are now shipping from a US location. My last order of Inspire Pro accessories shipped from here in the US and I received it in 2 days after it shipped. My friend got a P4P also shipped from the US in just a few days.

Reactions: Keeney101
Thank you! It's just disappointing to have a product you really enjoy get smeared because of the lack of support. I could have simple bought the battery from a local Target store but decided to get it direct from DJI. When I ordered it they promised I'd have in in 5-6 days. Now it's been over a week and when I track the shipment it shows it in Hong Kong with "no available delivery date". Never again.

Thank you! It's just disappointing to have a product you really enjoy get smeared because of the lack of support. I could have simple bought the battery from a local Target store but decided to get it direct from DJI. When I ordered it they promised I'd have in in 5-6 days. Now it's been over a week and when I track the shipment it shows it in Hong Kong with "no available delivery date". Never again.
I feel ya, some of my earlier shipments from DJI were definitely on a slow boat from China.

I can tell you from many years working in distribution...DJI will have to change if customers are going to have good service. They must get (as soon as possible) a network of distributors and stop trying to respond to individual customers. Then DJI will just interface with dealers, not an ever expanding customer base. Customers then take their problems to the dealer...otherwise, DJI will get more and more bad customer service comments.
Just my opinion.

I see posts like these all the time. Someone orders something then, their expectations dashed, call, email, smoke signals. No offense but this happens all the time and I see your need to vent but its life. I too have been a victim. But I won't complain unless I paid extra for expedited shipping. I hope you get your battery soon.

I've dealt with DJI US twice since December. One warranty claim, 6 days turn around! One new P3S battery - 2 days delivered. I made sure that i was ordering from the U.S. distributor.

Now with China and Japan, I;ve ordered stuff off of the internet and had package take a month and I've had packages delivered in three days. China Air Mail seems to kick butt when available.

I ordered my Mavic from Dji store on March 7th and I got shipping notice today . Coming from Georgia. I'm in Canada . FedEx tracking says I should have it by March 13th .

I will NEVER buy directly from DJI again! First of all, if I had ordered from Amazon, I could receive the item in 2 days. From DJI it took a month. I ordered the HDMI Module for Phantom 4 RC from DJI. Not only did it take a month to get here, it was damaged. Would not work. Now, the paper work, case number, proof of purchase (don't understand that since I ordered from my DJI account), etc. Waited 3 days for the shipping label. Shipped it off. Today I get an email from Support saying: "Once the unit has been assessed you will be notified through your email if your request has been Approved or Declined." I requested a refund and ordered the HDMI from Drone World. I replied asking how could a refund be declined after all you got the product back? I haven't' heard back from them about that. Another lesson learned. If I had ordered this from any other source I would already have the module in hand. pffft!!!

...UPDATE.....

DJI denied my refund. They said I sent back a defective part. That a piece had been glued back on. I am appalled ! Livid ! I sent it back just like i got it and told them if something had been glued on it, that it must have been a used part when they sent it to me! I contacted live chat on support and after going through everything including telling him that I would be talking to my lawyer, he asked me to let them re-evaluate the case and give them a couple days. This typical service i have received fro DJI. So, be prepared for this kind of treatment when you buy directly from them!

Last edited:
I just bought and returned a mavic. They were responsive, quick to get it to me and made the cancel order very easy. Easily one of the better customer service experiences I've had

I just bought and returned a mavic. They were responsive, quick to get it to me and made the cancel order very easy. Easily one of the better customer service experiences I've had

I'm glad you had a good experience. Sadly, there are more that don't. I would hope DJI would improve especially in shipping time

I too hope they improve but for the time being I will be using good ol' Amazon.com!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers