DJI app flickering... Flashing to black dji screen...

Reaction score
DJI app screen is flickering and flashes to a black screen with DJI logo. Drone flies fine, gimbal works fine. App is acting like it is losing connection... Linked the remote, deleted/reinstalled app, formatted SD card. I'm using an iPad mini, but if I use my phone the same thing happens... I'm at a loss, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I have a few questions for you:

1) Did this start occurring after installing new firmware?

2) Did you crash/drop/damage your drone?

3) Does the live camera view ever show up at any point while the drone is powered on?

I have a few questions for you:

1) Did this start occurring after installing new firmware?

2) Did you crash/drop/damage your drone?

3) Does the live camera view ever show up at any point while the drone is powered on?
No new updates... Have not crashed or dropped drone .. Everything worked a few months ago... Got it out the other day and that's when the problems started... Camera works intermittently, reminds me of a slow computer with lots of lag. The o ly thing that may have gotten updated is the app itself but the litchi app does the same thing. Even the settings for the camera will come and go, flash between N/A and the actual settings... I'm pretty mechanically inclined if I knew where to start.

DJI app screen is flickering and flashes to a black screen with DJI logo. Drone flies fine, gimbal works fine. App is acting like it is losing connection... Linked the remote, deleted/reinstalled app, formatted SD card. I'm using an iPad mini, but if I use my phone the same thing happens... I'm at a loss, any help will be appreciated. Thanks
The only thing that may have gotten updated is the app itself but the litchi app does the same thing.
An iPad Mini is not powerful enough. Is it in fact an iPad Mini or is it a Mini 2, 3 or 4? Also, what phone are you trying? Are you in a very hot location?

I assume that you have already done a search here and see some of the other similar threads? Hopefully something there may help you as well.

Search Results for Query: dji logo, black screen | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Reactions: JoBe
An iPad Mini is not powerful enough. Is it in fact an iPad Mini or is it a Mini 2, 3 or 4? Also, what phone are you trying? Are you in a very hot location?

I assume that you have already done a search here and see some of the other similar threads? Hopefully something there may help you as well.

Search Results for Query: dji logo, black screen | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
I had an old iPad mini that was laggy, so I got a new one that is dedicated to the drone and it worked excellent until now. The phone is a Samsung s7... I know the laggy stuff you're talking about, I've experienced that as well utntil I upgraded my iPad, but this is different... I can fly this thing for miles. Just not connecting to the app very well. I'm gonna try an older version of the app.. . Still open to suggestions

How does your gimbal ribbon cable look? Does it appear to be damaged anywhere?

If there's a problem with the video feed, and nothing has changed with the RC, AC, or FW/SW, then I believe that narrows the problem down to the device, the USB cable, or the ribbon cable as was suggested above by AeroMirage and msinger. It sounds like you've made an effort to try and eliminate some of the usual suspects. Good luck sorting that out.

I am having the same problem.

All of a sudden after not using the drone for 1 month, I have a very bad feed. It's not the usual glitches which have plagued my drone experience, it's the drone constantly disconnecting, the screen going black, the drone reconnecting/disconnecting every other second and all of the display options (including record button) flashing on and off rendering it utterly impossible to see anything or press anything.

I have no problem using the goggles via HDMI output and I have tried different USB cables/devices (ipad/iphone) which haven't helped.

I spoke to a support helpline who suggest it may have something to do with the latest iOS - but if it's happening to Gump with the Samsung s7 then that's ruled out.

Would appreciate any further ideas...

I am having the same problem.

All of a sudden after not using the drone for 1 month, I have a very bad feed. It's not the usual glitches which have plagued my drone experience, it's the drone constantly disconnecting, the screen going black, the drone reconnecting/disconnecting every other second and all of the display options (including record button) flashing on and off rendering it utterly impossible to see anything or press anything.

I have no problem using the goggles via HDMI output and I have tried different USB cables/devices (ipad/iphone) which haven't helped.

I spoke to a support helpline who suggest it may have something to do with the latest iOS - but if it's happening to Gump with the Samsung s7 then that's ruled out.

Would appreciate any further ideas...

Exactly what is going on here! If you come up with a solution, please come back and give me an update! Thanks in advance!

Just curious if you have tried a different device with the DJI Go app?

I have been reading since I posted an hour ago. Seems that people have managed to fix by either upgrading their iOS to 11.4.1 - or as I have just done, activated the iOS 12 Beta on the iPad by following this on the iPad: iOS 12.

I won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow, but fingers crossed this solves the issue - until the next one.
I'll let you know how it goes...

- by the way, someone else recommended switching off the auto lock feature on the iPad. No idea how or if that helps but I've done it anyway.

Just curious if you have tried a different device with the DJI Go app?

I have tried both iPad and iPhone (both worked on my last job a month ago).
Now they work for about 30 seconds - 1 minute then start glitching and crashing.
I'm optimistic that the new iOS update may solve this.

Update - iOS 12 didn't work.

My iPhone with iOS 11.4.1 seems the most stable.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to my HDMI module. When I turn off HDMI output from DJI Go, it seems to be stable.
Also, when I remove the back of the module, it works OK. Either my module is from a bad batch or my iPad can't handle the power needed.

The goggles also have the disconnecting problem when using USB so I'm guessing it's the module.

Update - iOS 12 didn't work.

My iPhone with iOS 11.4.1 seems the most stable.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to my HDMI module. When I turn off HDMI output from DJI Go, it seems to be stable.
Also, when I remove the back of the module, it works OK. Either my module is from a bad batch or my iPad can't handle the power needed.

The goggles also have the disconnecting problem when using USB so I'm guessing it's the module.
Have you tried an older version of the dji go app?

Not yet Gump, I’m returning the module and see if a new one helps. Have you had any luck fixing yours?
I don't think I have an hdmi module mine only has 2 USB connections.. Let me know if changing the module helps .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic