DJI Announcement coming next month

I had to switch to an apple I pad, all of my issues went away. No more Android's for me.
And all your problems would also be gone if you tried using an Android tablet that had sufficient performance.
Your problems weren't due to the operating system, it was the particular tablet.
You would also get problems trying to run with a low-spec iPad.

Reactions: deltamike
You're absolutely right. I've run a DJI P4 Pro on an iPad Mini 4 with DJI Go4 for over a year and a half now with no problems whatsoever. Never any video lag, and I think I'm even behind on a couple of firmware updates as well. I haven't updated firmware for nearly a year I believe and everything is jusy fine. I just ignore requests to update.

Bud

Go 4 works perfectly .. as long as you have a capable tablet to run it.
Try to run it on an inadequate device and you may encounter problems.

Agreed, it does have some unnecessary "junk" but I simply ignore it all, fly and take video.

Bud

I wouldn’t say perfectly. Lol. It has issues from time to time no mater what it is run on. Go4 has way to much unnecessary junk in it that is not needed to fly a drone reliably with.

Go 4 works perfectly .. as long as you have a capable tablet to run it.
Try to run it on an inadequate device and you may encounter problems.
Make it work right on the + version self-contained display !!! That would be nice !!!

Agreed, it does have some unnecessary "junk" but I simply ignore it all, fly and take video.

Bud
Nothing to ignore when you use litchi. Lol. Litchi is like a race car with all the needed gauges to monitor everything, go4 is like a Prius with dummy lights going off after it’s already too late or going off for no reason at all.

My guess is they are going to put a bigger sensor in the mavic - or mavic style aircraft to get the jump on the autel evo and beat them to deploying the 1" sensor in the evo. A new phantom does not make sense to me, just having come out with "phantom 4 pro version 2"

Reactions: CIZUK
Yes, it's become bloated with unnecessary junk ...
But it does run perfectly on a good tablet.
I know that because I've been running it since December on a great tablet and the app's performance is flawless.
I fly professionally several times each week and it never glitches or misses a beat.
It doesn't even have to be a great tablet, I'm using an Acer Iconia One 10 and it works perfectly, admittedly I had problems with it when I first used it but that was because I filled my tablet with Facebook, Messenger and loads of music+videos plus loads of free apps, For some reason Go 4 occasionally wouldn't start so I formatted my tablet and reinstalled Go 4 and it's been perfect ever since.
Go 4 is a resource heavy program so stay well within your tablets capabilities and you're laughing.

It looks like this announcement is going to be delayed. DroneDJ received the following note from DJI today:

"Thank you for RSVP’ing for the ‘See the Bigger Picture’ event on July 18th. Today we are making the difficult decision to push back the event. DJI is committed to introducing the most high-quality, cutting-edge technology in the market. We will postpone ‘See the Bigger Picture’ so we can deliver according to our standard of innovation. User experience is our top priority, and we wanted to ensure we can exceed our customers’ expectations for our technology by the time of the event. Please stay tuned for more information. Thank you for your continued interest and support."

See more details here.

All the movie editing and social media stuff.

Likely the problem was apps auto-starting with your device. You should be able to stop them from auto-starting within the OS or d/l an app that controls auto-start. Or your storage was getting full. I'm a PC tech and auto-start programs are the bane of consumer PCs. If you don't have a high-end PC auto-start software to can slow your system to a crawl and make it take forever to boot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94