DJI and FedEx...a human must be home for delivery...grrrr

Reaction score
I ordered a spare battery for my P3S and it shipped faster than I expected (2 days), which is a good thing but DJI has FedEx require two things - a signature AND a human there to sign. Signing the tag they stick on the door isn't good enough. I could have it held at a FedEx location but the nearest one is a %$#@&%^$ hour round trip from my house and that's if traffic is clear (I leave near ATL, traffic is never clear). I have never had a package sent that required anything more than a signature and I live in a neighborhood where porch pirates just don't really exist.

When ordering I didn't see anything about me being required to be here on delivery. What a pain in the rear. Realize this if you order straight from DJI.

Option to deliver to you or spouse/roommate work address?

FYI, when you check your tracking number on FedEx's website, it shows the package requires a signature. I usually opt to have the package delivered to my local FedEx store -- and, pick it up the same day. You can do that via the tracking page.

Do you have a neighbor that could sign for it? I've left a note on my door before, requesting FedEx/UPS/USPS deliver to my next door neighbor when I was not able to be home in time for a delivery.

I've left notes taped to my door that say something like "DUDE just scribble my name and drop - THANKS" (and I sign that). That works for me but you should be in a safe neighborhood. Driver has better things to do then to keep coming back day after day...

I've left notes taped to my door that say something like "DUDE just scribble my name and drop - THANKS" (and I sign that)
That would be a perfect strategy if you know your driver is not ethical.

Reactions: BigAl07
When I was in college I helped UPS during the Christmas rush. I was a driver's helper for several days. We dropped packages and scribbled sigs all over. We had a good excuse though: Christmas was coming!

Yep -- we get it. Not all drivers follow the rules. I wouldn't count on that working though. It would be best to setup an alternate delivery location.

Just a thought, but you think they would deliver the package to your nearest post office and you pick it up there?.. Just thinking out loud here. My Fedex and UPS guys are cool with the note deal, and will leave it and scribble my name for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just a thought, but you think they would deliver the package to your nearest post office and you pick it up there?
Yes -- if you have a PO box there.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have a sig waiver on file with FedEx... I don't have to sign for anything. It's either valid or they really really don't like my two German Shepherds on the other side of the door and they just go with it :)

Reactions: timmer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31