Distances

Reaction score
Guys, have just taken delivery of my first drone yesterday, the p3 standard. Just been out for a play and one thing I noticed at the end was the distance was incorrect. It said it was at an altitude of 4 meters when in fact it was only about 2. It seems to return home and land itself correctly

Altitude reporting comes with a small zip lock bag containing a grain of salt. Temperature affects reporting so just remember, when you see a error in the altitude you have a grain of salt in a zip lock bag to take it with....

Guys, have just taken delivery of my first drone yesterday, the p3 standard. Just been out for a play and one thing I noticed at the end was the distance was incorrect. It said it was at an altitude of 4 meters when in fact it was only about 2. It seems to return home and land itself correctly
Look at altitude this way PH: Altitude is usually within a few meters, so when it really matters, say at 150 feet, to clear a tree or something a small margin of safety will get you over the obstacle. That same small error that keeps you out of that tree looks pretty big at 10 feet.

That's great thanks for your responses. All very new to it so lots to learn I'm sure.

It's all come about after my 9 year old daughter desperately wanted one for her birthday. We have no idea why or where she got the idea but it's all she went on about for ages. I have thought about it a few times but thought the laws about their use was a lot tighter and I would have anywhere near to fly. Having ready up and had a play with the daughters I just had to get one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20