Distances

Reaction score
What is the point in adding a range extender to a P3s, when the max distance is only 500m anyway ?
Or can you over ride this setting ?

There is no max distance. I went 2300 meters last week. If you have that turned on in settings. Then you are setting Max distance. Turn that setting off. Then you will know you are removing limitations. However do it when connected to bird so it can save your changes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
14e1a1f9bc1fedfaa22cac037067c3b5.jpg

Our ranges are reduced anyway.

I got 300m from a stock P3S - 850m with Argtek now.

That's what I was wondering, I live down under at the moment and can get just over a kilometer stock. I believe you guys are theoretically limited to 500 meters. I intend to come back to the UK soon, so i'm really interested what you guys are getting, stock and modded.

I had 470m stock before rth. Fitted a windsurfer and went to the limit at 500m, but since this post I switched the max distance off on the rc thanks to Tony Cowan for the info.
Will try another flight now that its switched to unlimited distance.

Take a look at the distance I got. Stock remote. No mod.
1cd8d96016d9f3f65780fdc4579044c3.jpg

That's what I was wondering, I live down under at the moment and can get just over a kilometer stock. I believe you guys are theoretically limited to 500 meters. I intend to come back to the UK soon, so i'm really interested what you guys are getting, stock and modded.

In Europe we are set on limited range.

Best plan is, if you want to fly with the quad always in sight then stick with Standard/4K - if you want to fly so far away that you cannot see it then buy an Adv/Pro.

When I was doing range tests I lost sight of the quad after 350-400m, its a small dot in the sky at 250-300m.

Take a look at the distance I got. Stock remote. No mod.
1cd8d96016d9f3f65780fdc4579044c3.jpg

that is one very straight line :)

nice distance covered . how was your wifi signal at this far distance ?

In Europe we are set on limited range.

Best plan is, if you want to fly with the quad always in sight then stick with Standard/4K - if you want to fly so far away that you cannot see it then buy an Adv/Pro.

When I was doing range tests I lost sight of the quad after 350-400m, its a small dot in the sky at 250-300m.
In the Netherlands we are restricted to unaided VLOS, so you have to be able to see the AC with the naked eye. Beyond 500, 600m this is not easy ;)

that is one very straight line :)

nice distance covered . how was your wifi signal at this far distance ?
It's at about 80% I moved and looked around. I was over the ocean chasing a cruise ship. That's why the straight line.

nice I would love to see your pics an videos if you have over the ocean ,,

so at 80% you have no lag on video feedback ?

I had no Lag whatsoever. As over water no interference. Maybe signal bounced off water I'm not sure. Here is video over water on that outing. SkyPixel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic