Display flashes green and blackout

Reaction score
My brand new Phantom 4 Pro from out-of-the-box is having a problem as recorded in the videos below.

The display of iPad/iPhone flash green and blackout 1/2-3/4 of the screen. It could happen 10 seconds to 5 minutes continuously varying from each flights. I also notice the extra heat of iPad/iPhone.

It happens on several different locations. It happens to four devices (iPad Air, 2 x iPhones 6, and iPad Mini 4 – all with latest iOS). It happens both during recording video (4K or 1080p) and not recording, even when the aircraft landed.

I did recalibrated IMU, relinked the radio, changed several cables. The problem still persists.

What is the cause? How to solve?

Many thanks.

The same thing with 10.3.1 iOS on my iPad Mini 4.
I upgrade to 10.3.2 Beta and so far it has not happened to me again.
I flyed twice and it has not happened to me again. I will continue to do flight tests
Sorry for my english but my primary is spanish.

Did you try 5.8Ghz band? Do you have your antenna's out and perpendicular to your bird? So if bird was directly overhead or close to then you would point your antennas straight out parallel with ground. But normal flying is to have antenna pointed up some and turn your direction toward your bird. So again the antenna's are perpendicular to your bird. It is normal for the Ipad's to get pretty warm after 15-25 min flights. Especially in the summer time. This may not be it at all. Just throwing some stuff at ya.

The same thing with 10.3.1 iOS on my iPad Mini 4.
I upgrade to 10.3.2 Beta and so far it has not happened to me again.
I flyed twice and it has not happened to me again. I will continue to do flight tests
Sorry for my english but my primary is spanish.
This is interesting. I will update to the latest beta OS and try again, in a few days. Thank you.

Did you try 5.8Ghz band? Do you have your antenna's out and perpendicular to your bird? So if bird was directly overhead or close to then you would point your antennas straight out parallel with ground. But normal flying is to have antenna pointed up some and turn your direction toward your bird. So again the antenna's are perpendicular to your bird. It is normal for the Ipad's to get pretty warm after 15-25 min flights. Especially in the summer time. This may not be it at all. Just throwing some stuff at ya.
I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. I also face the antennas to the direct way.

Yesterday I tried again in the evening after sunset, the problem doesn't occur. I guess it's because of the less heat. But my normal shooting time is actually around noon when the sea water looks clearest.

Reactions: sshephard
This happened to me to. I asked DJI about it on their forum, and someone recommended turning off the video cache. This happens out of the blue every now and then for some reason. I already switched out my hdmi module, and I still get this here and there.... I guess the best thing is to land it, restart it, and then re plug everything.

This happened to me to. I asked DJI about it on their forum, and someone recommended turning off the video cache. This happens out of the blue every now and then for some reason. I already switched out my hdmi module, and I still get this here and there.... I guess the best thing is to land it, restart it, and then re plug everything.
Thank you. I've also tried turning off the cache, but it doesn't help.

I finally solved the green/black screen problem with the following settings…

DJI GO App
• Image Transmission : Custom, 5.8 GHz, low mbps (4-6 mbps)
• Video Cache : off

I also updated my iPad to iOS 10.3.2 Beta.

All of the above settings are to reduce processor load on my old iPad Air, but I'm still not sure which part of those settings actually solve the problem.

My iPad is still hot while flying, I also tried using it under direct sunlight, but there is no green/black screen problem again.

Knock on wood.

Reactions: photoskyview
I also signed out from the DJI account in DJI GO app, as someone has suggested.

DJI GO App

All of the above settings are to reduce processor load on my old iPad Air, but I'm still not sure which part of those settings actually solve the problem.

My iPad is still hot while flying, I also tried using it under direct sunlight, but there is no green/black screen problem again.

Knock on wood.
One test fly with your settings and everything perfect... Thank...

DJI GO App

Knock on wood.

Second flight with this settings and no problems with my iPad Mini4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav