Disconnect problems

Reaction score
I have a brand new Phantom 4, and I it flies beautifully, BUT I can't connect my remote or the drone with the app on my iphone 7, nor on my ipad. I have tried different USB cables, I have reinstalled the app, and as I am a greenie I don't know what else to do. Please tell me that someone has a solution.

Out of curiosity, are you running the latest iOS 11.2 version? There were some posts on here regarding not being able to connect following the latest update and from memory, they had to restore it in iTunes. Maybe try another device (android?) to see if that works to rule out a faulty USB output on the controller.

Out of curiosity, are you running the latest iOS 11.2 version? There were some posts on here regarding not being able to connect following the latest update and from memory, they had to restore it in iTunes. Maybe try another device (android?) to see if that works to rule out a faulty USB output on the controller.
I have tried both iphone and ipad, also with iOS 11.2. When I turn on the remote, connect with USB and open the DJI GO 4 app, they should be connected, right? I have upgraded the remote with the HDMI output unit, but I guess the HDMI interface is not for connecting with the iphone/ipad, am I right?

I have tried both iphone and ipad, also with iOS 11.2. When I turn on the remote, connect with USB and open the DJI GO 4 app, they should be connected, right? I have upgraded the remote with the HDMI output unit, but I guess the HDMI interface is not for connecting with the iphone/ipad, am I right?
Yes you should be connected to the app once the drone and RC are powered up. Upgrading to the HDMI module gives you the flexibility of using either a set of goggle or another device, but the USB port is still used for your device. Normally if the app was working, you will be prompted to upgrade the FW on your controller to enable the use of the HDMI port but until you get the app to work, you won't be able to. You could refit the original USB port to see if that works as you may not have seated the three cables with the tiny clips correctly when you fitted the new module. That would definitely cause problems with the app not connecting. Or try another device to confirm that the USB module on the HDMI mod is actually working.

Yes you should be connected to the app once the drone and RC are powered up. Upgrading to the HDMI module gives you the flexibility of using either a set of goggle or another device, but the USB port is still used for your device. Normally if the app was working, you will be prompted to upgrade the FW on your controller to enable the use of the HDMI port but until you get the app to work, you won't be able to. You could refit the original USB port to see if that works as you may not have seated the three cables with the tiny clips correctly when you fitted the new module. That would definitely cause problems with the app not connecting. Or try another device to confirm that the USB module on the HDMI mod is actually working.
Sorry to be such a greenie, but what is the HDMI port actually for?

Are there any other way to update the firmware of the remote than through the app?

Sorry to be such a greenie, but what is the HDMI port actually for?
The HDMI port gives you the option to run another device in addition to your phone/tablet to allow simulataneous vision and data on both outputs. I use the USB output for my iPhone and the HDMI output for my goggles. You can also plug a compatible TV or PC screen into the HDMI output to entertain your friends whilst you fly.

Are there any other way to update the firmware of the remote than through the app?
I think you can update the controller through Assistant 2 which is a PC based software option. I've never tried it but it certainly works with any drone updates.
Did you swap over the HDMI module to the original USB port or try another device to narrow down the fault?
I'll tag @msinger, @Meta4 to see if they are kind enough to chime in.

I think you can update the controller through Assistant 2 which is a PC based software option. I've never tried it but it certainly works with any drone updates.
Did you swap over the HDMI module to the original USB port or try another device to narrow down the fault?
I'll tag @msinger, @Meta4 to see if they are kind enough to chime in.
I have now connected the remote via the only cable that works, the computer is up and the remote is on, and the DJI Assistant 2 is running, but nothing happens. The only option I have is a question and an image in the middle of the screen saying "How to connect to Inspire2?"

I have now connected the remote via the only cable that works, the computer is up and the remote is on, and the DJI Assistant 2 is running, but nothing happens. The only option I have is a question and an image in the middle of the screen saying "How to connect to Inspire2?"
Hmm, no idea why that would be the case. Still thinking trying another device (android or iOS still running 10.3), loading the app and trying that out. I have a feeling that until you confirm its either a faulty HDMI module or the device, we are just playing the guessing game.

Hmm, no idea why that would be the case. Still thinking trying another device (android or iOS still running 10.3), loading the app and trying that out. I have a feeling that until you confirm its either a faulty HDMI module or the device, we are just playing the guessing game.
Well, it didn’t work with the original, non-HDMI module either.

Well, it didn’t work with the original, non-HDMI module either.
Well at least rules out a faulty module, can you beg, steal or borrow another device as suggested above? If the drone and controller are linked and you can fly it (you don't need a device to fly if around in front of you), then it can only be that your device is not able to load and use the app. Painful and difficult to diagnose over the Internet, but you'll get there.

The only thing I noticed was you’re still trying to use DJI GO app! Try Litchi before you do anything else and see if that fixes your problems like it did mine almost a year ago. Best $24.00 I ever spent on this hobby!!
And no, I am not a Litchi representative![emoji12]
Jim
WA5TEF

The only thing I noticed was you’re still trying to use DJI GO app! Try Litchi before you do anything else and see if that fixes your problems like it did mine almost a year ago. Best $24.00 I ever spent on this hobby!!
And no, I am not a Litchi representative![emoji12]
Jim
WA5TEF
I’ve tried Litchi and it’s still disconnected. Getting desperate here...

Ouch, sorry for your trouble. Please keep us posted here on what you eventually find out.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl