Disconnect Aircraft Message!!!

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an Aircraft Disconnected Banner and lost transmission signal at same time. Then I had transmission signal come back up and Disconnect Banner goes away? But while disconnected It never started return to home! Plus I never did lose control of the aircraft because it did commands even as it was saying it was disconnected! So I guess it didn't go into RTH because it was actually not disconnected. Could this be a lightning cable issue? Or maybe an Ipad Air 2 Issue. My app is updated as of a few days ago. I had this happen 3-4 times last Sunday while flying over Ohio River. The bird was never more than 800 feet away from me. And in location where I have never had any trouble before too.

This is the 4th P4 today with similar disconnect issues. Will need to see the flight logs first. Upload your device log to Phantom Help and place a link back here for review. May need the aircraft .dat file as well. But the device log first.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Reactions: KevMo Photog
How many seconds was the disconnect? It won't start the return to home if it is only one or two seconds. Can't recall what the number is but perhaps it wasn't disconnected long enough to trigger RTH.

How many seconds was the disconnect? It won't start the return to home if it is only one or two seconds. Can't recall what the number is but perhaps it wasn't disconnected long enough to trigger RTH.
It was like this for about a minute or more Timinator. And it happened 3-4 times on Sunday.

Reactions: Daasmangi
This is the 4th P4 today with similar disconnect issues. Will need to see the flight logs first. Upload your device log to Phantom Help and place a link back here for review. May need the aircraft .dat file as well. But the device log first.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
Where did you hear of the other Phantoms having this issue FlyDawg? On this forum or DJI's?

I am trying to get a few more aircraft .dat files that exhibit this issue for comparisons.

Bad solder on the antenna wire causing the intermittent failures perhaps?
To me this is looking like an RC issue as opposed to the aircraft, but since the RC is relatively stationary during flight, I would not think that would be an issue. Too soon to make any conclusions at all however.

RTH isn't set to Hover, is it? The disconnects are definitely concerning. Bad solder on the antenna wire causing the intermittent failures perhaps?
But the aircraft is not actually disconnecting Timinator. It's got me puzzled.

The only way to find out is with the data log files. Both sets preferably. By the way, just because you lose video and telemetry downlink does not mean that the aircraft is disconnected.

The only way to find out is with the data log files. Both sets preferably. By the way, just because you lose video and telemetry downlink does not mean that the aircraft is disconnected.
Yes I def know this FlyDawg! I observed it on Sunday. I knew I still had RC control the whole time that my app was saying Aircraft Disconnected. Give me a day or so to get this uploaded man. I'm pretty busy portrait photog right now. LOL

Ah, I see. Next time it happens how about trying this:
1. Ensure RTH is set properly before take-off.
2. Once you get the "aircraft disconnected message" hit RTH on the controller. If, as you think the aircraft isn't truly disconnected, it should return home.

If you suspect it might be an app or device issue, do you have any other devices or cables you could try to see if it solves the problem?

Just kind of throwing stuff out here.

2. Once you get the "aircraft disconnected message" hit RTH on the controller. If, as you think the aircraft isn't truly disconnected, it should return home.
There is an easier way. Just look at the RC status light. That will tell you right away.

Ah, I see. Next time it happens how about trying this:
1. Ensure RTH is set properly before take-off.

If you suspect it might be an app or device issue, do you have any other devices or cables you could try to see if it solves the problem?

Just kind of throwing stuff out here.
I can't believe I didn't think to go ahead and hit RTH when this happened the second time man. But I def know I had RC control for sure. I also am not sure now if I had live radar in bottom left of app either. If I had not got back transmission signal I could have been in trouble and I was only 7-800 feet out over the river. LOL

Reactions: Traveler
I can't believe I didn't think to go ahead and hit RTH when this happened the second time man. But I def know I had RC control for sure. I also am not sure now if I had live radar in bottom left of app either. If I had not got back transmission signal I could have been in trouble and I was only 7-800 feet out over the river. LOL
These arguments and statements are basically fruitless and speculative, without pertinent data to prove or disprove anything. At this point most anything is possible. It is also feasible, that the "radar" could have been there but with no updates without downlink from the aircraft to provide. In that instance, the directional icon would be useless.

Here are two of the .dat files that I'm pretty sure have to be the ones. Let me know if these are not right FlyDawg. Thx so much.

Attachments

• 2018-05-27 18_21_14-07JDD9100101T8.dat
    85 bytes · Views: 363
  • 2018-05-27 18_21_38-07JDD9100101T8.dat
    85 bytes · Views: 320
Here's the flight record I believe.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-27_[19-27-02].txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 393

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics