Discoloration in Horizon, Please Help

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently sent my Phantom 4 into DJI for repair due to discoloration near the horizon line. I posted a video link if you are interested in helping identify the problem. DJI said there is no problem and sent the Phantom 4 back to me. They didn’t offer any kind of solution to the problem. Has anyone experienced this discoloration (see video google video link)? Do you know how to correct this?
Thanks everyone!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iZ1DGb2B3aypGu557

See if you can sit next to the window next time you go on an aeroplane. This looks as you might expect it to. From what can be seen here slightly less exposure while flying and setting your highlights and Black point with your scopes in post will make the footage a lot closer to what you are seeing in Youtube and elsewhere. The footage needs some grading in post to look great- maybe see what luts you can get for your editing software.

Last edited:
Thanks With The Birds for replying! However in my experience this is not normal. There is a lot of discoloration.

Looks within what would be considered normal for raw footage- what experience are you referring to? Actual footage from the same AC in identical conditions? What are you expecting?

Hello Everyone,

I recently sent my Phantom 4 into DJI for repair due to discoloration near the horizon line. I posted a video link if you are interested in helping identify the problem. DJI said there is no problem and sent the Phantom 4 back to me. They didn’t offer any kind of solution to the problem. Has anyone experienced this discoloration (see video google video link)? Do you know how to correct this?
Thanks everyone!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iZ1DGb2B3aypGu557
Do you have anything from that flight without the sky? Maybe a quick tilt down?

If the camera is set for auto-exposure, it's going to expose for the trees. Lots of shadows down there. And trees. All the same color. Your camera sees all of this and adjusts the exposure accordingly. This will result in the sky being over-exposed. There are filters that will compensate for this.

It seems normal to me. That bluish colour at horizon is simply because of air so you can't expect that the tings there would be the same as those under the camera.
Are you using any filter here. The sky seems pretty dark. It would definitely help if you post another shot of different environment as LarBear360 said.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT