Disaster DJI GO recent update!!!!

Reaction score
Going over this forum and also other ones. SO ( Explicate Removed ) MANY people cant connect Remote Controller to their Tablets/Phones it makes me very surprised with djis "update". And AGAIN understanding that at this moment all updates DJI does are for bug fixing, created by their previous updates.
The moment i fix this issue and am able to connect RC to my S5 and Tab Pro, i swear i am never installing any new update of dji go or AC FW.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
One of the original P3P still going strong, always applied updates / firmware. Never once had any issues til last controller update. 300A controller, would not stay connected netted to craft 20 feet away green pixels, u name it. I use an ipad mini retina display. Finally got the firmware rolled back and it is working like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

One of the original P3P still going strong, always applied updates / firmware. Never once had any issues til last controller update. 300A controller, would not stay connected netted to craft 20 feet away green pixels, u name it. I use an ipad mini retina display. Finally got the firmware rolled back and it is working like a charm.

yep me too, solid until 1.8 RC
I knew sooner or later though some fw would hit me as well.
far too common over all...

Now that 1.6 has fixed the RC (at least until they decide otherwise)
they decide to give
Us android users get the wonderful super crappy resolution HERE maps

GO app is to complex and bloated at this point....

I had the same problem this morning. Fired up both the transmitter and aircraft. Opened the DJI Go app and nothing but a black screen. Turned the aircraft off, restarted both it and the app. Eventually it connected. Hopefully this was just a one time thing.

Over a year, still on 1.3.002 and still no problems. No updating = no problems...

Just over 1 year of no updating.

A/C - v1.4.1
R/C - 1.5.7
GO App - v2.4.3

I know each time out what to expect. No problems.

Reactions: Jtrjr and Reed L
Regrettably I am one of the victims, where a failed RC upgrade (it seems) has resulted in a previously working RC not being recognised by DJI GO app when connected to iOS device. Tried everything most kind folk suggested. DJI needs a 'reset' process for RC to restart firmware installation from USB.

Regrettably I am one of the victims, where a failed RC upgrade (it seems) has resulted in a previously working RC not being recognised by DJI GO app when connected to iOS device. Tried everything most kind folk suggested. DJI needs a 'reset' process for RC to restart firmware installation from USB.

I take it this was not a option for you?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello flyNfrank, thank-you, no I did see that in my searches on here, perhaps from one of your other posts, but because the app / iPad just does not in any way appear to recognise the RC is connected, I can't downgrade either, I was hoping..
And for clarity, if I plug in my other working RC, app sees it immediately as normal. In fact I down graded then upgraded the working RC to see exactly how it operated in case I was doing something silly, all went fine.
I am technically competent, which only serves to frustrate, because all I was doing was firmware upgrade when it failed, so I struggle to believe it's a hardware failure (but it is possibly a USB fail on RC)..
I have to believe there is a way to 'start again' on firmware to RC - how do they get the firmware onto the device when it is manufactured, nodoubt something simple we don't know about or don't have?
All suggestions appreciated, I'm determined to solve this...
Thanks

Hello flyNfrank, thank-you, no I did see that in my searches on here, perhaps from one of your other posts, but because the app / iPad just does not in any way appear to recognise the RC is connected, I can't downgrade either, I was hoping..
And for clarity, if I plug in my other working RC, app sees it immediately as normal. In fact I down graded then upgraded the working RC to see exactly how it operated in case I was doing something silly, all went fine.
I am technically competent, which only serves to frustrate, because all I was doing was firmware upgrade when it failed, so I struggle to believe it's a hardware failure (but it is possibly a USB fail on RC)..
I have to believe there is a way to 'start again' on firmware to RC - how do they get the firmware onto the device when it is manufactured, nodoubt something simple we don't know about or don't have?
All suggestions appreciated, I'm determined to solve this...
Thanks

If I were in your position with the controller, I would at least attempt to convert to the other OS using a different device. The overall goal is to get the R/C functional with the GO App and AirCraft. I'm not sure but I think some run into this issue due to not updating the R/C firmware in sequence per what A/C firmware is installed. It is as if too many versions of R/C firmware was installed without also updating the R/C firmware along the way.

I have not tried any of this so it's likely that none of it will work. Also which R/C you have could make a difference on how the controller plays into it as well.

Same problem. Had to switch from android to Ios. So sick of this
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
225.jpg

Can you please check, is your android device visible by PC still via usb? Cause my 2 devices that i used to use with p3 rc, both stopped being discovered by usb and are charging only. Dont wanna beleive rc burned the usb connector of my devices.
Please check if your android devices ar working? Thx

Can you please check, is your android device visible by PC still via usb? Cause my 2 devices that i used to use with p3 rc, both stopped being discovered by usb and are charging only. Dont wanna beleive rc burned the usb connector of my devices.
Please check if your android devices ar working? Thx

In your phone you will have to go into settings/ Developer Options. Turn on Developer options then scroll down about half way to USB configuration. It will say that it is in charging mode. Change this to MTP or Media Transfer Protocol. This will allow your phone and SD card to be recognized and read. You will be able to transfer data, movies, pictures, etc. If you still have problems you may have to turn on USB debugging, which is also found in Developer options but close to the top. You will need to do this each time that you want to transfer files because of the new updates and charging systems on the new android phones :)

After I am done transferring, I turn Developer Options back off to keep the phone from having any accidents from other users, it's easy and you will get used to it really fast. It seems like a pain at first but the new phones are a lot more complex then they used to be and this keeps it locked down and safe.

Reactions: t2adze
In your phone you will have to go into settings/ Developer Options. Turn on Developer options then scroll down about half way to USB configuration. It will say that it is in charging mode. Change this to MTP or Media Transfer Protocol. This will allow your phone and SD card to be recognized and read. You will be able to transfer data, movies, pictures, etc. If you still have problems you may have to turn on USB debugging, which is also found in Developer options but close to the top. You will need to do this each time that you want to transfer files because of the new updates and charging systems on the new android phones :)

After I am done transferring, I turn Developer Options back off to keep the phone from having any accidents from other users, it's easy and you will get used to it really fast. It seems like a pain at first but the new phones are a lot more complex then they used to be and this keeps it locked down and safe.
I have done everything mentioned above. Even accessing usb options through dialing *#0808#, but nothing worked. Took it a technician at work, he changed the usb port, still nothing.

This happened at the same time on my both devices. I think RC caused this.

I had rc issues with my tab s2 after i updated to 1.8. Lots of black screen and pixeling. Finally was able to downgrade back to 1.6 and havnt had a problem since. Never updating again.

I have had my P3P for a year now and have always performed all updates as prescribed. I use an IPad Air 2 and to date have not had any issues with any of the update...yet.

It is just because you you use iOS. I am on iPad 3, no issues what so ever. Android is the answer it seems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers