Which DJI Go 4 version?

Reaction score
I have a DJI GL300K controller. What is the most recent DJI Go 4 app version should I be using? I see there are higher version numbers, but my controller says it has the most recent version. I don't know if that's because the higher versions are intended for cell phones and tablets or it doesn't matter. I don't want to try and force a higher version update if not necessary. I am confused as to whether I should let the hardware check for updates or manually update with my computer. So many options not sure what's best.

Thanks for any input,

Roger

Last edited:
Possibly the update question should include something about how what you have is working. If it’s functioning as it should, may be best to leave it alone until some research has been done on just what all is in said update. Keep in mind, DJI could also include some unwanted baggage that isn’t quite visible to the naked eye. If there is some feature that’s been added into the mix via a firmware update that you just can’t live without, hit that update button.
If you haven’t already guessed, no, I’m not an update fan.

The best place to look for firmware version numbers is the DJI download site. Issue dates and release notes that provide at least some clues as to what route to take.

Reactions: SkyFly
Possibly the update question should include something about how what you have is working. If it’s functioning as it should, may be best to leave it alone until some research has been done on just what all is in said update. Keep in mind, DJI could also include some unwanted baggage that isn’t quite visible to the naked eye. If there is some feature that’s been added into the mix via a firmware update that you just can’t live without, hit that update button.
If you haven’t already guessed, no, I’m not an update fan.

The best place to look for firmware version numbers is the DJI download site. Issue dates and release notes that provide at least some clues as to what route to take.
@Starz advice is sound in the general sense. If I had a nickel for every post that started with “I updated my firmware and now (fill in bad behavior)” I’d be knee deep in Mavic 3s.

Having said that, I think there is room for people to ask for specific experience with various versions. Sometimes what you have is working. But there is a problem lurking that has been fixed. Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt.

Ok. Let me explain this again. Nowhere did I say I am having problems. I am setting up a new drone and controller from various parts. It was not all bought together and has never been flown yet. I want to make sure the controller and drone have the most recent firmwares and DJI Go 4 is the latest. Was having trouble determining if the DJI Go 4 app is truly the latest version based on what my controller says being there are higher version numbers available.

Roger

Ok. Let me explain this again. Nowhere did I say I am having problems. I am setting up a new drone and controller from various parts. It was not all bought together and has never been flown yet. I want to make sure the controller and drone have the most recent firmwares and DJI Go 4 is the latest. Was having trouble determining if the DJI Go 4 app is truly the latest version based on what my controller says being there are higher version numbers available.

Roger
Would be best just try what you have and see if all your “new and various parts” work as they should. They don’t need ”most recent firmwares” to do their jobs.
Where are you seeing “higher version numbers”?
If you post some version numbers, possibly someone could provide some help in that regard.
If you had mentioned “setting up a new drone and controller from various parts” at the start, possibly the answers would have been more on target.
Hope you get it all in order.

Yeah. My fault for not being more clear. Heres the list:

Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - unknown firmware yet as it is being delivered today.

GL300K - 01.00.04.00

DJI GO 4 - v. 4.3.14 on GL300K

I see a DJI GO 4 v. 4.3.46 on DJI site. Not sure if this applies to my controller. Controller says its up to date. Don't want to manually load a higher version if it does not apply or could cause some harm.

I'm doing all this in preparation for putting this setup together.

Thanks for the help,

Roger

It will all go together and probably will be fine. Firmware can be adjusted at a later time if needed. The ignore button when it shows up in the app is there for a reason. When you are ready to put the aircraft in the air, just go easy.

Version 4.0.8 is the best version for the Go4 app. I've been using this version for years. Rock solid. No tests. No ads. No erroneous login requirements out in the middle of nowhere 20 miles from WiFi or cell service. All the function and features you need.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers