ive had a few guys confirm that the high altitude landing is infact removed. This also removes the forced landing at 10%, infact, it removes the low battery beeping all together and also any attempt at landing. I find that to re-install settings/overwrite previously installed file, you do need to use the debug file. Otherwise, some settings wont take.

Which fw version are you referring to?

Which fw version are you referring to?
both 1.7 and 1.9. 1.7 works straight up with the modded file. With 1.9, you need to flash the 1.7 file ontop of it, then reflash with 1.9 and the settings should stick. I'm running modded 1.9 no issues, one guy was on 1.8, and two other guys are on 1.7. Absolutely no forced landings .. 14k away, 6k up. One guy is around here somewhere but will leave him anonymous unless he chimes in. The mods work really well .. 50mph+ in gps, 60mph+ in atti mode with good wind, 22mph vertical ascent/descent and then the limits all removed as well. The p3 airframe is pretty strong, but im mindful of cracks in my arms too...

edit: here's what it looks like in low battery with no autoland on p3a. its a backyard, but stil works. it landed at low voltage, but that was at 0% .. didnt force landing mode at all.

Last edited:
I experienced the forced landing at low voltage the last time I went out and I wasn't happy with it either as I was over a patch of uneven ground that I wanted to avoid.

The p3 airframe is pretty strong, but im mindful of cracks in my arms too...
I have 2 units of these metal protections, mounted on two ruptured arms of one of my old PH3Ps. I have put also some small drops of acrylic glue, LOCTITE, in the fissures, that easy goes inside the cracks of the resin for capillarity as added reinforcement element.
They are well made and the added weight is minimal.

• New Protective Motor Mount Base Crack Repair Fix Kit FOR DJI Phantom 2/3 Quad

new Protective Motor Mount Base Crack Repair Fix Kit FOR DJI Phantom 2/3 Quad on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
(from AliExpress Android)

Last edited:
i didnt do anything special really. I observed that after i updated from a modded 1.7 fw to 1.9, the updated parameters stayed and were not overwritten. That was neat .. so then i rolled back to 1.7 and noticed the modded parms stuck. I flashed with a stock PMCAPPFw3.bin file and the updates went away. I went back up to 1.9. I the took the modded 1.7 PMCAPPFw3.bin file and put it on the sd card and flashed, it flashed no issues. It put my fw as 1.8.8+ .. which was weird. I then re-flashed with 1.9 and all the modded settings from 1.7 PMCAPPFw3.bin file were in place, but fw was on 1.9.

hi digdat0. As you said you are on 1.9 then mod the PMCAPPFw3.bin of 1.7, then flash up fw 1.9 now, then reflash with fw 1.9 without using the debug included ?? please help me. thanks

I experienced the forced landing at low voltage the last time I went out and I wasn't happy with it either as I was over a patch of uneven ground that I wanted to avoid.
Yeah my first & only (so far) forced landing scared me but the bird made it back to within 6feet of take off with a safe landing :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj