Digital Break Up Lines across screen Phantom 4 Screen

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've recently upgraded my P3p to a P4.

I've only had a couple of flights due to not havng much time, but in the few flights I've had I've noticed a random feedback issue like the pics attached.

The images are from a screen recorder I ran in the background to capture the issue.

To see if it was a a range issue, I even tried it with the P4 on the ground, taking snap shots from my balcony, standing only a few metres away.

Is this a faulty lightbridge issue do you think? I'd be interested to know if anyone else is seeing the same problem on their P4's.

I've also experience pink / red dots when doing some night shots, I'll attach a sample of this too. I couldnt reproduce the same error whilst it was one the ground, so will try again shortly and see if it's only an issue when it's in the air.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Reactions: arcaine25
I can't tell you what the bars are but I believe the pink and red dots you are seeing is from lens flare. They show up when bright lights shine into your lens. They are often seen when shooting into the sun, but can also show up with other bright lights.

Thanks Flyboy.
Ive just done a 2nd test with a new SD card and thoroughly cleaned the lens. Pink dots seemed to have disappeared so might have been a combination of the lens flare and dirty lens.
Lines acrosss the screen is still a worry though.

I have the same issue not the red dots but lines through the screen any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only flown P4 twice so far.
Happens to me as well,repeatedly on the first flight.
Added channel hack and used channel 32, also moved the slider bar from 6M to 4M and the issue improved.
Does not happen as often now but still occured 3 or 4 times on the second flight.

I'm using iPhone 6. And mid flight the screen pauses for a few seconds

The pink dots are the lights from the LEDs on the arms.... lol

Pink dots? Ive never seen pink dots. I imagine it those LEDs would be a problem in low light. I wonder if these lines are an issue with the device some of us are using and not lightbridge. But then again why only when my P4 is on the ground?

Pink dots? Ive never seen pink dots. I imagine it those LEDs would be a problem in low light. I wonder if these lines are an issue with the device some of us are using and not lightbridge. But then again why only when my P4 is on the ground?
The large pink spots in the images.... You don't see those?

the green bars is the device you are using. iPad mini 1, for example, is not a "recommended" device. Also, if you are using a tablet or phone that its memory and processor are quite loaded, will see the same.

At least, that's what I have seen using my ipad mini 1 and mini 3, also my iPhone 5s.
Hope this helps.

I get it as well, but seems to be when image is still. Like right before takeoff. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

I have the same issue, and it has happened with BOTH Brand new Samsung Galazy Tab A 9.7, and a Brand new iPad Mini 2. Both of these devices were purchased SOLELY for the use with my Phantom 3 and Phantom 4. This does not seem to occur with my Phantom 3's.

View attachment 52884
Screenshot_2016-05-06-19-30-37.png
so what is this?

I'm having the very same but not as intense as this and sometimes my picture freezes

Reactions: Aunt G
I have had the same problem I have returned the p4 waiting for my new one and I also had that stupid squeak when the camera just finished initializing

DJI isn't admitting to it yet, and there are several people on the DJI forum experiencing it as well. I think it's a lightbridge link issue if you ask me. I wish they'd address it no matter the cause

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic