Digital Break Up Lines across screen Phantom 4 Screen

Thn

Thank you. Will lowering to 4mbs impact the video quality?

Only your transmission quality, and 4mbs is still greater than what the P3 Advanced streamed at.

Last edited:
What ^ said. It basically makes it less cumbersome for your tablet to display. Its still great quality and crystal clear, you just dont get the breakups and purple/green crap.

I just ran another battery with it set to 6mb and it was great again... I think I was at 8mb when I was having trouble (I think thats the default?)

Anyways, its been problem free since adjusting those settings. No freezes etc.

FYI Im running an iPad Mini 3.

Reactions: arcaine25
The lines are video noise. It's exactly what one would see in a noisy 2.4ghz downlink. The bands across are the phenomenon of wireless noise and how it's interpretation is produced on the monitor. It doesn't know it's noise to it try's to reproduce what it received, of course this isn't wanted and a side effect of a very noisy environment. Also by looking where you were that a noisy area.
The reason you can turn off the LEDs to begin with, is for night flying, it's the only reason to turn them off as they don't use any real power.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What ^ said. It basically makes it less cumbersome for your tablet to display. Its still great quality and crystal clear, you just dont get the breakups and purple/green crap.

I just ran another battery with it set to 6mb and it was great again... I think I was at 8mb when I was having trouble (I think thats the default?)

Anyways, its been problem free since adjusting those settings. No freezes etc.

FYI Im running an iPad Mini 3.
It goes up to 10 doesn't it? Then 8 and 6 and finally 4mb.
This isn't apparent on display when flying the Mb setting is really for how much info gets recorded when recording to the card, the app in turn also records, higher bitrates make better alternate recordings, but for FPV flying I can't see difference between 10 and 4mb

Are you using the auto or Customs value and if in custom what numbers from 13 to 20 do you use.

It goes up to 10 doesn't it? Then 8 and 6 and finally 4mb.
This isn't apparent on display when flying the Mb setting is really for how much info gets recorded when recording to the card, the app in turn also records, higher bitrates make better alternate recordings, but for FPV flying I can't see difference between 10 and 4mb

Yeh 4,6,8,10.

The card will record at whatever Bitrate it needs. It has nothing to do with this setting.

This is mainly the data rate being fed to the TX/iPad to digest and display/cache. The lower the bit rate the easier it is for it to convert into info on your tablet.
Hence the theory it will improve your video feed. Which it did for me. It was almost unusable at 8mb. It has been flawless at 4.

That is my understanding of this setting anyway. [emoji106]

I do know 100% it has nothing to do with the Bitrate it will record to your card.

Reactions: arcaine25
Yeh 4,6,8,10.

The card will record at whatever Bitrate it needs. It has nothing to do with this setting.

This is mainly the data rate being fed to the TX/iPad to digest and display/cache. The lower the bit rate the easier it is for it to convert into info on your tablet.
Hence the theory it will improve your video feed. Which it did for me. It was almost unusable at 8mb. It has been flawless at 4.

That is my understanding of this setting anyway. [emoji106]

I do know 100% it has nothing to do with the Bitrate it will record to your card.

This is correct. you have to think of it in a term of Netflix. If you are streaming netflix, and your internet speed is 50mbps, your stream is going to rock, and you won't have any pixelation or issue with what you are watching. But if your connection sucks, and you have a DSL of lets say, 3.1mbps, and your line quality isn't very good, so therefore in reality you get 1.5mbps, your video quality while watching netflix will not be HD, so onscreen it will not be anywhere near as good as the 50mbps connection.

I haven't tested it yet

I have experienced the same issue with my IPad4, as soon as I connected with IPhone 6s had not experienced any interference with video signal on FPV, so I guess it is comparability issue with the device you are using for interface control.

This is one of the reasons I am certain it's the App / Firmware that has created the issue. Hopefully Litchi will prove that it is a DJI coding problem.
Hey I am really new so I don't know what Litchi is. Can you help me?

I can't tell you what the bars are but I believe the pink and red dots you are seeing is from lens flare. They show up when bright lights shine into your lens. They are often seen when shooting into the sun, but can also show up with other bright lights.
I think they are flare from a long exposure from the LEDs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj